• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Split Creek Pounds

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
I made this map it represents an almost dried out river that left accesable by walking pounds, the pounds have balanced orange camps and are located at the split line between the players starting locations. The rest of the map is a lot around villages area and very little forest and mountain areas. The map is very rich on unique sights and its not similar and boring. There are some notes that I think some people may want to read before download:
- It is a standart melee map
- It is supposted to be played in 2v2 or 3v3, in such teams will spawn always on top left and bottom right.
- Initial gold mines contain 15500 gold, secondary are 15000, the trees around each gold mine can provide approximately 5000 lumber but it is not hard to find extra if needed.
- It have 6 green camps, 28 orange camps and 2 red camps
- 2 taverns
- 2 marketplaces
- 3 goblin merchants
- 4 waypoints (2 on each side of the players, on top and bottom of the river)
- Not everything is placed as a mirror to the opponents but the difference is little, it have small cons and procs to locations and pathing, mostly its balanced than chaotic
- It contains narrow areas and open wide areas which are everywhere, depends on the build of you army you can use the environment and waypoints in your favor to put yourself in a better position for a fight
- It have good amount of chickens, near big villages the amount is even higher - around +14 chickens only to big villages, can rarely also find other critters
Contents

Split Creek Pounds (Map)

Reviews
mafe
This map is much better than most from your recent bundle. I could indeed it being fun to play in 2v2/3v3, provided some of the issues are fixed. Visually, the map is far from spectacular, but nevertheless there are enough details to make it look...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
This map is much better than most from your recent bundle. I could indeed it being fun to play in 2v2/3v3, provided some of the issues are fixed. Visually, the map is far from spectacular, but nevertheless there are enough details to make it look perfectly fine. Though I would prefer if the borders of the map were better hidden.

Again, there are similar gameplay issues as on most of your other maps:
1. Itemdrops are once again all over the placed. Some item drops chances dont even add to 100%.
2. Creeps not on camp stance.
3. Asymmetry, though not on a gamebreaking level. It's similar to what some roc bilzzard maps did, so while I dont like it, it's acceptable. Nevertheless, the southeastern team should have a serious advantage thanks to much safer expansions.
4. Many creeps are in position where player units might aggro them by accident.
5. Some choke points are much too narrow, especially for a 2v2/3v3 map.
6. There could/should be some creepcamps closer to the spawn locations.
7. At the western tavern, heroes are stuck if they spawn on the northern side of the tavern (though this is highly unlikely to occur in practice).

These are the most noticable problems, there are probably some more, smaller issues. Please do something about 1+2 at the very least. Until then, map set to Awaiting Update.

Level 12
1. Melee maps allow this and I like diversity thats why I did it like this, on this map I don't think item rates can cause disbalance problem, even if it does its implemented for fun and not extra competitive, this means one game can be like this next game can be different.
2. camps not on stance but only 1 green camp will attack expo when building there, camp is very weak and needs to be killed to obtain this expo safely, the rest is not problem
3. assymetry made on purpose to make it look like realistic part of Azeroth, not just mirror match - again for fun purpose, also southeastern team is a little bit more spread while northwestern is very compact and can build defense together or come to defend an ally more quickly
4. i noticed many maps are like this and I thought people should just be careful with routings
5. yes but others are very open, it can cause more diversity like this
6. my idea was to make people meet quickly at the middle pools, however there are other juicy camps to rush first instead, including on opponent side
7. they are only just behind a destructable crate in this case, any hero can attack it once to destroy then pass away