• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vile Creek

This is my first attempt at a melee map, It is designed for 1v1 or 2v2 only, free for all will not work.

I would like to know how I did, so please leave feedback if you can.

Updates:

-I have removed some unbuildable terrain that was placed near the goldmines, and added a weak group of creeps.

-Goldmines now have 50,000 gold, and creep item drops have been changed.

Keywords:
Melee, Fellwood
Contents

Vile Creek (Map)

Reviews
13:06, 17th Jul 2008 Rui: A melee map I must recommend. See my whole review here.

M

13:06, 17th Jul 2008
Rui:
A melee map I must recommend.
See my whole review [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=90750#post747108"]here[/self].

Rui

Rui

Level 41
this is originaly based on terenas stand Melee map of blizzard so ifu wanna say smthing give credits to blizzard othervise noone will dl!
Excuse me, what makes you believe this map was made off Terenas Stand?

The map seems to be Blizzard-like to me, I wondered if you were submitting one of Blizzard's, but I trust that you made this from scratch.

Approved.
Rui's Review
[+]The map contains an author name and a description.
[+]Starting locations are well placed and have a decent range from the Gold Mine.
[+]The map has a nice shape and a somewhat weird ground texture variation, but it lacks decent elevation.
[+]Nicely placed neutral buildings.
[+]The map has a strategical point, it is somewhat like a 2v2 Friends map.
[+]Good placement and choice of creeps.
[+]Averagely collision-friendly.
[-]Drops were not balanced. Green point creeps dropped nothing, and the other creeps' drops were not very well chosen.

Another good melee map. It surprises me that it's your first.
My rating for this resource is 4/5 (Recommended). Make sure you balance the drops. It's normal anyway, I myself wasn't very good at choosing drops when I made my first melee map.

If you have questions or complains, post in our Map Resource Moderation.
~Thank you for using the Hive Workshop

Last edited:
Level 16
oh sorry but this really looks nice : ) i really thought its blizzard map XD
AFTER TEST : Lmao its nothing like the map i thought it is : )
Wel its all good :/ u culd make the gold mines with more gold..all else is awesome :)

Last edited: