• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Desolate Creek

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Reactions: deepstrasz
General Information:
-1v1 or 2v2
-128x128 Size

Description:
A land that used to be ripe, but now left behind by farmers. The soil went dry and soon monsters took back the land left by the humans.

Buildings:
-8 Gold Mines
-2 Mercenary Camps
-2 Goblin Shops
-2 Goblin Laboratories
-1 Tavern

Camps:
-8 Green camps
-2 Orange camps
-2(+2) Red camps
Previews
Contents

Desolate Creek (Map)

Level 7
Hello there!.

Creep variety, neutral building positions are great although not symmetrical, so you need a different strategy depending on your spawn position (love it). Creeps are a bit hard on low levels, you really need to take care while creeping. I think this map is more suitable for 2v2 rather than 1v1. Having expansions in every side of your spawming position looks great. I think it's 100% symmetrical in terms of spawn positions but it looks more cozy on top and bottom points (trees are soooooo closed to the main building <-- I love this). I made testing with orcs, nelfs and undead. Human has a difficult time because of the amount of buildings they need (especially farms) but I like the idea of having a very narrow area. Having a rounded border outbounds looks pretty great.

I found three things that are a bit bad for me (but it's my point of view). First, the spawn positions have a very high height. Looks weird when building in cliffs. Second, some creeps are not correctly positioned. Sometimes far from neutral building, sometimes too close, and sometimes looking at the neutral building. Top-left and bottom-right expansion creeps are funny oriented. And third, the merc camp. It only works on tier1 - early game. If creeping the merc camp is a hard task (and moreover in the middle of the map), neutral buiding won't be useful.

Overall , great job

:peasant-victory::peasant-victory::peasant-victory::peasant-victory: