• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spirit RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Spirit RPG

Contents
1.0 - Progress
2.0 - Introduction
3.0 - History
3.1 - The Land
3.2 - Houses and Shops
4.0 - Role Playing
5.0 - Systems
6.0 - Heros
7.0 - Equipment
8.0 - Random Events
9.0 - Trade Skills
10.0 - Classes
10.1 - Warrior
10.2 - Mage
10.3 - Priest
10.4 - Necromancer
10.5 - Amazon
10.6 - Rogue
10.7 - Archer
10.8 - Paladin
10.9 - Druid
10.10 - Shaman
10.11 - Deathknight
10.12 - Monk
11.0 - Requests/Help Needed
12.0 - Screenshots

1.0 - Progress
History.........25%
Terraining......25%
Triggering......80%
Systems.........95%
Trade Skills....0%
Heros...........80%
Itens...........95%
Overall.........55%

2.0 - Introduction
First of all, my map got corrupted and I lost 20% of all progress I had done so far, but now that I restarted from the backup I have, I will revive this thread.
The map has no fix name yet, I still need ideas for that, but, the main plan is to make a rpg with few features never seen before in wc3, and some of them compared to WoW, actually, many of my ideas are from other online rpgs, such as Priston Tale, Cabal Online, World of Warcraft, Wyd and even Runescape and Tibia!More detailed information will be added later.

3.0 - History
Empty for now, gathering Ideas!

3.1 - The Land
-Huge to Epic sized landscape with detailed terrain
-More than 15 tiles, wich make the terraining much better
-Many different themes to explore such as forests, deserts, swamps, dungeons, caves, northrend, villages and even hell!
-Four huge cities that give a epic feeling to the land

3.2 - Houses and Shops
-Houses and buildings that can be entered
-The buildings actually have hooves, wich fade when units enter on it
-Shops are mostly inside houses
-Gryphon or Ship or Skybarge transport from island to island

4.0 - Role Playing
-Talk : you actually will be able to talk to almost everyone!This is not decided yet
-Making decisions : on a conversation or a quest, you may act positively, negatively or agressivelly.
-Reputation : people have different attitudes w/ you, depending on your reputation on the lands, if you are evil, they may either fear you or hate you, if you are good to some people, others may don't think the same in different cities or villages!
-Quests : everyone has a problem, you will b e able to take quests all over the land, solving different kinds of, and receiving rewards(or not)

5.0 - Systems
-Short Coded Save/Load System
-Random Wheater System
-Stacking system for charged itens(herbs, ores, jewels, potions, food, etc)
-Basic Revive system, with exp/gold loss depending on level
-Custom Exp/party Exp System
-System that shows damage done/taken above the units heads
-Respawn creep system that only respawns if no one is nearby and only after 60 seconds
-System that revives a few kinds of enviroments : trees, rocks and plants
-A custom camera that can alter rotation, zoom and angle while locking to the hero
-System that cleans up some lag by destroying itens that are in the ground for too long
-Custom item drop table for different creeps
-Chat system that creates floating texts overhead of units
-Others to be added/updated/removed maybe
-Pvp system that is activated/deactivated by a command, allowing players to fight anywhere

6.0 - Heros
-All heros are human
-All heros may level up to 100, but, they only learn skills up to level 60
-Each class may equip only the itens especific to it, as a example, a mage can carry a sword, but, he doesn't have the skill to equip and fight with it, so he can't EQUIP it
-Each hero will have a spellbook with 11 custom skills
-Almost 70% of the spells are triggered/jass and are completelly leakless
-The skills on the spellbook require level to use, and are obtained automatically as you level up
-All skills automatically improve when you level up, some of them have effects based on a attribute or your level, others are % based spells, wich means a spell will always be good and will never become useless
-The skills become avaliable in the levels : 1, 3, 6, 10, 14, 18, 23, 30, 37, 45 and 60

7.0 - Equipment
-There are Weapons, Shields, Orbs(for mages), Helmets, Armor and Acessories
-To equip a item, you simply click on it, and the ability is added to your hero
-When you unequip, or equip another item, the current equip bonus is removed, in other words, you cannot wear two staves or two swords(except in dual wield, a future feature)
-All equipable itens have attachments
-Some acessories aren't equipable, but their effects stay while you're carrying them, rings for example
-The kinds of weapons currently are : swords, axes, hammers, spears, glaives, daggers, wands, staves and claws

8.0 - Random Events
This feature will make the player face random situations to deal with :
-Bounty Hunting : many villains and corrupted heros have bounty on their heads, sometime, the game may randomly announce a heavy bounty on somebody head, wich can be a powerful creep, or even a player that is acting agressivelly or commited crimes!
-Ambushes : wandering around the lands you may find yourself trapped in a ambush, you may survive the slaughter or run for your life and stay alive, or...die and lose your precious experience and maybe itens
-Random item events : this category include getting odd itens in odd ways, a example : mining a iron rock you may randomly find a uncut ruby between the minerals, wich is very rare to find...Digging with a shovel somewhere may make you find only dirt, or maybe a Uber-Imba-Precious-5kGold-Worth-Treasure-Chest!Fishing always have a small chance to find odd itens, you can find a pair of Leather Boots or maybe a Shamanic Hood abandoned deep in the seas!
-Curses : some vile creatures such as Giant Spiders may have such strong poison that takes weeks to wear off!When you are buffed with these curses, the best thingh to do is call for help by a friendly Priest player or buy antidotes in a potion shop.
-False Rewards : sometimes, doing a quest won't give you the reward you was thinking to receive, some NPC's may be traitors or some events inside the game altered them
-Travelling Problems: public transport inst' 100% safe, who knows if the ship you are in isn't attacked by pirates in the way?Or a sea monster?Or the air transport is attacked by dragons or gryphons!

9.0 - Trade Skills
This feature allows you to choose two professions from many, and allows you to use the abilities to make money(that's why they are called trade skills), the trade skills are spellbooks as well, and many of them require materials like ores, herbs or misc itens to be used, the planned are : Mining, Leatherworking, Enginnering, Armosmithing, Weaponsmithing, Alchemy, Thieving and Fishing.
Trade skills aren't going to be in the beta version, everything is in concept now

10.0 - Classes
Classes planed are : Warrior, Mage, Priest, Necromancer, Amazon, Rogue, Archer, Paladin, Druid, Shaman, DeathKnight, Monk, Dracomancer, Berserker, and more to be added.

10.1 - Warrior
Fighting class that especializes in close range attacks and combat skills, may wear shields and any kind of axes, swords and hammers.His spells are mostly self-buff or close-range strikes.

10.2 - Mage
Caster class that especializes in medium range attacks and spell usage, may not wear shields, can wear wands and staves.His spells are mostly for the element of ice and fire.

10.3 - Priest
Caster class that especializes in medium range attacks and support, may not wear shields, can wear wands and staves.His spells are mostly for the holy element and heal/buffs.

10.4 - Necromancer
Caster class that especializes in medium range attacks and controling enemyes, may not wear shields, can wear wands and staves.His spells are mostly summoning and curses/poison.

10.5 - Amazon
Fighting class that especializes both in close range attacks or long range, may wear shields and any kind of axes, swords, hammers, spears and glaives.Her spells are mostly support or damage attacks.

10.6 - Rogue
Fighting class that especializes in close range attacks and stealth attacks, may not wear shields, may wear only dual weapons(claws, daggers) or glaives.His spells are mostly assassination or close range attacks.

10.7 - Archer
Fighting class that especializes in long range, may not wear shields, uses only bows or crossbows.Her spells are mostly heavy damage and self-buffs.

10.8 - Paladin
Fighting class that especializes in close range attacks and support, may wear shields and any kind of axes, swords and hammers.His spells are mostly heal/buffs and holy attacks.

10.9 - Druid
Caster class that especializes in medium range attacks and supporting, may not wear shields, may wear wands and staves.His spells are mostly heal/support and nature.

10.10 - Shaman
Caster class that especializes in medium range attacks and supporting, may wear shields, glaives, wands, staves and claws.His spells are mostly support and elemental damage.

10.11 - Deathknight
Fighting class that especializes in close range attacks and curses, may wear shields and any kind of axes, swords and hammers.His spells are mostly curses and darkness attacks.

10.12 - Monk
Fighting class that especializes in close range attacks and combos, may not wear shields, may only wear claws.His spells are mostly heal/buffs and heavy damage attacks.

11.0 - Requests/Help Needed
This section will be updated in time, for now, I need someone who has experience with models and animation editing.

12.1 - Screenshots

RPG Screenshots

The old screenshots have beeen removed because my map got corrupted and I lost some progress and the terrain has changed a lot, new screenshots may be found in my album it will be constantly updated, so be sure to check sometimes.

Please leave a comment!

Last edited:
Level 2
I think this RPG is gunna be the best on Wc3 not only is it gunna be one of a kind but just all the stuff that can happon in it is wicked. Um if you need some one to help test and give ideas and stuff like that i would love to help test it :thumbs_up:

Level 6
Well You showed us Alot of information on this map The screenies look really good, are you working alone on this or?, and keep up the great work and keep us updated, those trees though im pretty sure imported ones would look better but thats just my opinon

Level 9
G0DLess
Thanks for the positive comment, glad to see your first post is in my thread!I'm hoping to release a beta as soon as possible.
Huurka
You helped me fixing the summary, thanks.
4rankie
Thank tou, I'm working alone on the map, I prefer.
Do you suggest any models for trees that may replace them?If yes, please send me the link!

Level 2
But if you do need a tester im done i have been playing rpgs since i have been 8 i am 18 now and could help give you ideas and other things you could add later on.... Just a thought :D

Level 6
His Map Fate has All these features Plus more, But who cares hes not trying to have a competition he just wants to make his own project, don't worry Sin No one can beat the stuff that is in your map right now, but you take forever bro XD

Level 6
Really il check it out now lol, start posting some new screenies man lol and the pets its 2 sick.

Level 9
My only complaint is there is a lot of stuff from diablo 2 here, I'm dead sure you've taken influence from it :p but thats cool, just not sure if people will respect it as an original rpg if this is the case (and yes I realise the irony that nearly all of my maps are reincarnations of works that are not my ideas :p).

Besides that this is looking uber cool, and I wish you luck.

Nice rpg the best ones for me are Feta ORPG,Everwood,Linige,Spirit and mine ofc.I think they have all something together and that they are all unique ORPGS so i think no one stealed from no one mybe something :p.Example we all have attachment system,fade system,around 300 items good low size models,skins and feta and tales have fishing.Come on i mean dont be mad if we have all the same stuff...try to creat some stuff that no one has and then we will see who copies it...very simple!

Level 9
Many features of this RPG are completelly unique...at least I've never seen a rpg with real Role Playing, where you actually talk to NPCs, choose what attitude you will have...etc.
I never saw a wc rpg that uses the Mining skill as I do, taking minerals from rocks to a furnace to create a bar, so as with many of my trade skills.

Thanks for the comments!

Level 2
I think to have a unique armor system would be is if your hero had a armor with 10 def it would minus 10 dmg instead of adding a percent to your heros armor so tank would have an armor like +120 minusing 120 of all dmg taken

Level 4
You should update it with the images in your album.

Off: Continuo achando q essas imagens da cidade parece com Tibia. u.u

Level 15
Just use
use] instead}
Rename the Summary to Content or List of Content
Picture links are broken so upload them as attachments to your post.
Good luck with it.

Level 9
Well it isn't old, it's just cuz I stopped the project a few weeks, now that I'm back I will re-do the thread and post different screenies...
Editing the first post...

EDIT : ok looks like no one is willing to post anything, I think I'll just let this thread die...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.