• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spider / Haunted woods themed traps

How many spiders are there?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How many spiders can you count in my forbidden forest? I need some spider related traps. Might try something with the webbed special effect and give it a slow aura (maybe they spit it on the ground from a dummy). I'd put a dummy with a spider attack phonix fire in the eggs but I can't get rid of the flame effect on phoenix fire.

Anyone got some fun spider related trap/spell ideas?

Attachments

• CountTheSpiders.png
    CountTheSpiders.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 44
Level 28
Vibrating Web Lines: Creates a line of invisible webbing between the caster and a target point. Provides very small line of sight and reveals invisible units. Line has very high Evasion.

Sticky Web Lines: Creates a line of invisible sticky webbing between the caster and a target point. Units that cross the lines are trapped and cannot move for X seconds. Reveals invisible units. Units attacking in melee are unable to move or attack. Line has very high Evasion.

Spider Sack Surprise: Creates an Egg Sac with timed life that unleashes a swarm of baby spiders on death. If killed, releases the spiders with life inversely proportional to the amount of time left for the sac to live.

Slurpy Spider Snacks: Entombs an enemy unit in webbing. Attacks made on the unit heals the attacking spider for 100% of its attack damage.

Level 15
I was always a big fan of the whole 'spiders sense what traverses their web' effect. I think it might be a neat trap if their was a specified region of webbing, where walking along it alerts some sort of large 'mother-spider' to the unit/heroes presence. Having a large spider slowly approach the more a unit moves in a region is sort of a slow burn though, I'm not sure how well it can work as a trap, but perhaps as a puzzle?

Imagine having to 'agro' a spider to different parts of their web in order to ensure that you can outpace them to cross a large expanse for example.

Another idea would just be the 'surprise spider' landmine. Where walking over an egg or hole will sprout a spider that entangles you and begins its lil nibbles.

Honestly love spiders as an enemy and i'm looking forward to seeing other ideas!

Level 7
Ohh that would be a fun level. Could have to lure the spider away with a headless corpse or try to get it to eat a beetle. Def no puzzles in this one tho the units auto-battle their way through the dungeon (the player places the monsters for the next raider).

Level 28
One idea: Have various weblines with bridge pathing set up over impassable terrain (water, cliff, chasm) which the spiders can walk on but not the player. However, the player can attack the lines (and wait for a large number of spiders to be on them) to cut off flanking paths and ambushes.

Level 7
One I'm gonna try making now is called BEGIN THE FEAST. It's stampede with tiny spiders but the dummies that cast it are placed all around the target pointing inward so it gets swarmed by spiders in the center. Prolly root it in place with a web too.

Edit: It actually came out better than I expected! Spider spells are mad fun

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.