• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spells!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you'd have to make an ability too, ie:
if you copy a camera system, no ability
if you copy a spell; you'd have to copy the trigger, then make an ability like the one in the spell map, edit the trigger where parts are missing and you're good to go!

Example (fiction):
I copied a nuke spell. I imported the triggers (copied) and then made a skill called Nuke and filled in the red triggers. Then I tested, and it worked.

Level 7
Also for the variables. Create the same variable (maybe with the same name) and select the red trriggers again and just enter, if it still says that it is unable to do it then that would mean your variable is incorrectly made (wrong type, spelling) or teh variable does not exist at all..

Level 21
The posts above this one can work, but it's easier (and guaranteed to work):
First step: go to object editor and copy all required data. This usually means: all custom spells (ability tab), custom buffs (buff/effect tab) and finally all (most) custom units in the Unit tab. Usually, required units are marked with "dummy".

Second step: go to the trigger editor.
If it's a jassspell, copy the header first.
Next you copy the required triggers. Make sure you have "create unknown variables" turned on; this way copied variables are automatically created.

Jassspells might require a bit more manipulation somtimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.