• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] select mastery

Level 12
hello i want to make an ultimat spell that allows to change the spell type ans missile that tha hero uses for exsemple the hero in question starts with an ice missile and ice beasd spells and and when you use the heros ultimat (beasd on the spell book ability in the editor) magic mastery (name still in pleaning) and select fire the hero then uses fire missile and fire spells ect , pleass help my with how to triger it pleass 🙏🙏
thank you

Level 25
the complexity depends on the spells themselves. For example you can change the missile model path via triggers (not sure at the moment if it works or not), but you cannot change icon.
So if you want to change spell icons as well when changing mastery, then I don't think you have any other choice but to create a copy of the spell with different icon (and other stuff like buffs, etc.).
Of course, here I assume that the spells are same, but just some visuals change. If those are completely different spells, then that won't help here.

Detect when unit changes mastery via triggers and just remove the old mastery spells and give the unit the new mastery ones.
If those abilities are hero abilities, then removing them via triggers may not work. What you can do instead is give the hero all mastery abilities in object editor and in triggers at map initialization disable all hero's abilities except for his current mastery.
Detect when hero learns an ability and via triggers add additional skill points to hero and force the hero to spend them on the same abilities but from the remaining (disabled) masteries.
And finally, when hero casts mastery change, you just disable spells from current mastery and enable the next group of spells

Level 12
You can change icon on spells and it works (at least on patch 1.31)
  • Ability - Set Icon of <YourSpell> to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNNewIcon123.blp
i want to chang the ability like swaping betwin bllizerd and flamstrick for exsemple

Level 25
You can change icon on spells and it works (at least on patch 1.31)
  • Ability - Set Icon of <YourSpell> to ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNNewIcon123.blp
That will only work if the hero is the only one with the spell. If multiple units/same heroes have that spell, the icon will change for all of them.

i want to chang the ability like swaping betwin bllizerd and flamstrick for exsemple
Then you will need to do what I wrote:
  • if those are non-hero spells, you can just remove the current spells from unit and add spells of the other mastery.
  • if those are hero spells, you will need to do the trick I wrote with hiding/disabling spells of inactive mastery

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
hello i want to make an ultimat spell that allows to change the spell type ans missile that tha hero uses for exsemple the hero in question starts with an ice missile and ice beasd spells and and when you use the heros ultimat (beasd on the spell book ability in the editor) magic mastery (name still in pleaning) and select fire the hero then uses fire missile and fire spells ect , pleass help my with how to triger it pleass 🙏🙏
thank you
Please let people know which version of Warcraft 3 you're using. There's a lot of differences between the new and old versions that change what can be done.

Edit: Attached a map with a little system for swapping between two sets of abilities (normal and alternate). Normal is what the Hero learns from their Skill Menu and uses by default. Alternate abilities are shown when you swap into your Alternate stance and share a cooldown with their Normal counterpart.

Attachments

• Ability Swapper 1.w3m
    21.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Level 12
i am using the latest version reforgd also its close to what i was invisoning but i want it like to swap betwin 3 spell typs and it being a hero ability that also chang the heros attck misile tyap