• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero keeps casting the wrong spell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
i am planning on creating lots of spells using spells with targets. (manaburn, arialshackles, etc...)

but i encounter one problem

for example, if i create 2 custom spell using the spell manaburn and use both of these custom spell in one hero, if i were to use one of them, both spell is activated.

so how do i make lots of custom spells on one spell without making them all activated when the player activated one spell.

Level 9
how do i make the Channel as base ability?

can i use all of them to None as base order id?

Level 9
i see, so thats what base order id do. lol.

btw, having problem with this explanation

Use Channel as base ability.

Remember to make them have different base order id and set options - visible to true.

if i'm going to use Channel as base ability.. then how could i make them have different base order id?

isn't Channel in base order id?

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Every spell has differend id, if they didnt you wouldnt be able to cast spells properly while having few of them with same id (on the same unit).

Look at for egzample Chain lightning spell, it has id in object editor in field base order id called chainlightning.
If you want to use 4 abilities based on Channel (all of them on the same unit), you just have to change id, so each one has differend.
Remember to set fallow through time to 0, and trigger your spells.

Last edited:
Level 37
Remember to set fallow through time to 0, and trigger your spells.

Follow through time affects the time the unit performs the cast animation, and ignores enemies for example. If the follow through time is too short, the animation is interrupted abruptly, which looks bad. Many spells benefit greatly from having a bit of follow through time.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Follow through time affects the time the unit performs the cast animation, and ignores enemies for example. If the follow through time is too short, the animation is interrupted abruptly, which looks bad. Many spells benefit greatly from having a bit of follow through time.

You are probably right, i used to ignore cast animations in channel based spells a lot in case of triggering the animation myself.
However, don't make it greater than 1,5-2 i suppose, it will cause a wierd pauses.

Status
Not open for further replies.