• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spells Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, I need you to help me with 2 spells:
1- A unit throws a grenade in an area that impacts with the enemy, causing 80 damage, slows by 50% and burning 100 mana a 250 AoE.
2- Whenever this unit is affected by a debuff, gain permanently 50% attack speed and earn a 60% chance to block next spell casted on him. Maximum 200% attack speed.

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

It is not complicated to make these spells, you should learn how to if you would successfully become a map maker an modder.

1. One term: Dummy casting. Create a dummy unit-type ( see my Stacking Orbs system for reference if you don't know how to create caster dummies) and add three abilities to it, abilities based on the effects the grenade should have.

Search for a grenade spell ( there are some in the spell section) and use a Damage Engine to do the following:
Once the spell is casted, get the units damaged ( that's why you need the Engine) and create one dummy unit, ordering it to cast the effect abilities on the damaged targets.

For example, if one units is damaged ( the 80 damage can be dealt by the grenade spell), then order the dummy to manaburn and slow the target. Don't forget to add custom abilities based on manaburn and slow to the dummy before.

2. In a periodic loop, check how many buffs a unit has and if the number changes from one change to another, then order a dummy to cast an ability giving attack speed to the unit ( unholyfrenzy, e.g., without damage).
You have four abilities or four ability levels for 50%, 100%, 150% and 200%.
Keep track of the count of the atkspeed bonus ( this is another counter) the unit has and add an If/Then/Else before the action ordering the dummy to cast the buff.

For the block chance, use the PDD, add the unit to a unit group and if the unit is damaged, use the PDD to modify the damage based on chance to 0.

Level 4
It is not complicated to make these spells, you should learn how to if you would successfully become a map maker an modder.

1. One term: Dummy casting. Create a dummy unit-type ( see my Stacking Orbs system for reference if you don't know how to create caster dummies) and add three abilities to it, abilities based on the effects the grenade should have.

Search for a grenade spell ( there are some in the spell section) and use a Damage Engine to do the following:
Once the spell is casted, get the units damaged ( that's why you need the Engine) and create one dummy unit, ordering it to cast the effect abilities on the damaged targets.

For example, if one units is damaged ( the 80 damage can be dealt by the grenade spell), then order the dummy to manaburn and slow the target. Don't forget to add custom abilities based on manaburn and slow to the dummy before.

2. In a periodic loop, check how many buffs a unit has and if the number changes from one change to another, then order a dummy to cast an ability giving attack speed to the unit ( unholyfrenzy, e.g., without damage).
You have four abilities or four ability levels for 50%, 100%, 150% and 200%.
Keep track of the count of the atkspeed bonus ( this is another counter) the unit has and add an If/Then/Else before the action ordering the dummy to cast the buff.

For the block chance, use the PDD, add the unit to a unit group and if the unit is damaged, use the PDD to modify the damage based on chance to 0.

You could not give me an example with a test map, please? If it's not much trouble...

Level 4
If you could help it would be helpful, as I need to finalize a map before year end and only a few details missing me, but in turn they are also the most difficult ...

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

What do you don't understand of the things above, the instructions I posted ?

I cannot fully create it at the moment, I am sorry

Level 4
What do you don't understand of the things above, the instructions I posted ?

I cannot fully create it at the moment, I am sorry

In fact, if you can not create a map, I would at least show me more detail how to create triggers, since I do not know how to handle spell levels and triggers, or have no idea about the Damage Engine

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I recommend learning it then. How do you want to find a spell bug if you don't know what you are doing ? Triggers make 50% of a map or even more, they are the heart of the map body.

If you are not able to create your own resources, how do you want to successfully create a Warcraft map ?
I gave you the basic instructions, if you don't understand them you can ask in the WEHZ or Triggers and Scripts or even me myself for clarification.
Or you can sit around hoping someone will do it for you.

Level 4
I recommend learning it then. How do you want to find a spell bug if you don't know what you are doing ? Triggers make 50% of a map or even more, they are the heart of the map body.

If you are not able to create your own resources, how do you want to successfully create a Warcraft map ?
I gave you the basic instructions, if you don't understand them you can ask in the WEHZ or Triggers and Scripts or even me myself for clarification.
Or you can sit around hoping someone will do it for you.

There is no need to talk like that, if it bothers you ask me no answer and ready help ... It's that simple

Status
Not open for further replies.