• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell wont make full circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
So my problem is that when i cast spell it should make full circle with Shokwaves, but instead, it can miss few Shokwaves sometimes.
  • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Set Spells_MS_Angle = (Spells_MS_Angle + 30.00)
      • Set Spells_MS_Point2 = (Spells_MS_Point offset by 650.00 towards Spells_MS_Angle degrees)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Spells_MS_Point facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Multi Shokwave Dummy to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Multi Shokwave Dummy for (Last created unit) to (Level of Multi Shok|c00ff8000w|rave for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire Spells_MS_Point2
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Spells_MS_Point2)
I only shows the part with the Shokwaves which should make full circle.
Status

Solved?!

Last edited:
Level 11
Ok. After dozen of test. I've come up with this:

[trigger=]
Set Spells_MS_Point2 = (Spells_MS_Point offset by 650.00 towards (30.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
[/trigger]

attachment.php

So your trigger becomes:

[trigger=]
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set Spells_MS_Point2 = (Spells_MS_Point offset by 650.00 towards (30.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Spells_MS_Point facing Default building facing (default) degrees
Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit - Add Multi Shokwave Dummy to (Last created unit)
Unit - Set level of Multi Shokwave Dummy for (Last created unit) to (Level of Multi Shok|c00ff8000w|rave for (Triggering unit))
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire Spells_MS_Point2
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Spells_MS_Point2)
[/trigger]

Last edited:
Level 12
I don't think so but i think that there's something with Dummy properties. I'll check and post what value was edited.
Edit:
Abilitites - Normal: Locust, Invulnerable
Movement - Speed Base: 0
Movement - Type - None
Stats: things that don't matter like Mana and Food Cost
Art - Model - Dummy.mdx
Art - Shadow Image - None
Combat - Attacks Enabled - None
Edit2: oh forgot about Garfield1337's post i did that. Doesn't help

Level 12
So is this error permanent or just for some period of time? Because i already was away and i turned off PC, so now that i restarted WE it still bugs.
Or could it be that i got problem with WE, i'll try running the map and testing the spell in normal WE because i'm running it in JNGP.
Edit: oh wait i cannot run map in normal WE i got more than 18000 objects :p

Level 12
Well then thanks for helping. I guess i'll just change the spell somehow, oh btw few hours ago i tried putting these
  • Set Spells_MS_Angle = (Spells_MS_Angle + 30.00)
  • Set Spells_MS_Point2 = (Spells_MS_Point offset by 650.00 towards Spells_MS_Angle degrees)
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Spells_MS_Point facing Spells_MS_Point2
  • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Add Multi Shokwave Dummy to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Set level of Multi Shokwave Dummy for (Last created unit) to (Level of Multi Shok|c00ff8000w|rave for (Triggering unit))
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire Spells_MS_Point2
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Spells_MS_Point2)
actions out of loop and creating them without loop by making 12 other actions with different angles, and guess what, didn't work too, heh, funny, it's like it was skipping actions...

Level 12
I just tested the spell in a new map, imported it fully, and there it works. Then i imported spell from new map to old, replaced it, and it doesn't work either. Could it be the map then? If so what could be the cause of those problems, i would really like to know if map can cause bugs of spells.

Level 12
Actually in the test map where i copied the spell it worked perfectly but in my map it bugs, also got the similar problem with another trigger:
  • EW Shokwaves Loop
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set R_Shokwave = (R_Shokwave + 6.00)
      • Set R_Point = (R_Point2 offset by 2700.00 towards R_Shokwave degrees)
      • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at R_Point for 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 5 (Yellow) at R_Point facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Unit - Add a 1.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Shokwave 2 to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Breath Of Fire R_Point2
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_R_Point)
        • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • R_Shokwave Greater than or equal to (>=) 360.00
          • Then - Actions
            • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_R_Point2)
            • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
          • Else - Actions
but this trigger runs good only once then it wont run or just will make only first shokwave.
No need to provide the test map because it works good in test map.

Status
Not open for further replies.