• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello, I'd be thankful if someone could make these spells. All spells have to be MUI, also preferable is GUI to be used to I can modify them easier.

1. Passive - After casting a spell the fire mage creates a flaming shield around herself dealing 1,25x int damage per second for 4 seconds.) 250 AoE

2. Chilled to the Bones. (Passive - After a successful frost spell on the target(s), there is a 50% chance to mark the target(s) for 4 seconds. The Mark can be detonated with other spell to deal bonus x1 int pure damage, and slow the target(s) attack speed by 15% for 6 seconds.)

(Info on spell 2, I'll have around 7-8 spells that need to trigger chilled to the bones spell, but I will add them eventually, you just create the spell and maybe tell me where is the line that I need to change)

Level 37
Wow these are extremely easy requests, I would have been able to do it all right now if you were a bit more descriptive with your request. Depending on how I feel tomorrow, I maay be able to work on this.

Passive - After casting a spell the fire mage creates a flaming shield around herself dealing 1,25x int damage per second for 4 seconds.) 250 AoE
  • Will this be multi-level? If so, what are the stats?
  • Does the passive go on cooldown when they cast a spell or will the shield reset if the caster were to cast another spell while the shield is still active?

Chilled to the Bones. (Passive - After a successful frost spell on the target(s), there is a 50% chance to mark the target(s) for 4 seconds. The Mark can be detonated with other spell to deal bonus x1 int pure damage, and slow the target(s) attack speed by 15% for 6 seconds.)
  • Same as above, is this multi-level?
  • Can this passive be applied by other units/heroes? If so, do you want them to be unique from each other or can only one unit be affected by Chilled to the Bones? Did you also want it so that if one one unit can be affected that the unit cannot be affected by another Chilled to The Bones, or should the most recent instance just overwrite the current?

Level 6
Spell 1
- only 1 level.
- After the afterburn is active, it should go on cooldown for 8 seconds before it can be activated again by the same hero.

Spell 2
-only 1 level
-This passive can be applied only by 1 hero, but there can be more than 1 players using the same hero. If player 1 marks the target, player 2 CAN detonate it. Then a mark cannot be applied again for 2 seconds to the same target after detonation.

Level 6
The damage should be based on the player who does the detonation. (player 2)

Level 37
Okay, well that was super easy up until you wanted special cooldowns. Please test for bugs and stuff because I don't want to stare at this map for another day or so lol.

I left two examples for you on how to use the ice spell passive. Keep note that for "missle" effects like the Frost Bolt example spell, you will need to run the "Detonator" trigger right before you deal the damage instead of on cast. I did it on cast for the example because I had no energy left in me ;_;

The only requirements for the spell are Bribe's GUI Unit Indexer and the dummy model.

Attachments

• HaaG's Spell Requests.w3x
    34.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Level 6
Thanks a lot man, it's obvious that it took you lots of your time. Also, I tested it and everything works fine, except for the immolation special effect that sometimes doesn't get removed. Maybe you could fix that up when you have time?

Question - will these 0.03 sec loops cause lag in a huge map together with lots of other systems and triggers?

Level 37
except for the immolation special effect that sometimes doesn't get removed. Maybe you could fix that up when you have time?
Are you referring to the immolation effect on targets? If so, the effect has an odd death timer, so it kind of lingers on the unit for a while. The config trigger I left for you lets you easily edit the effects.

Question - will these 0.03 sec loops cause lag in a huge map together with lots of other systems and triggers?
No it shouldnt. The spells do not leak nor do they use any performance heavy operations. However, if you want the best performance with all your spells, I recomennd you check out Bribe's GUI Spell System.

Level 37
I meant the immolation of the hero. It doesnt get removed sometimes.
Ahh i must have messed up the deindex. I will take a look at it.

EDIT: Okay found it :) just two things I need you to change:
  1. Go to the FP Cast trigger and change the FP_LoopInt variables here to FP_TempInt
    • For each (Integer FP_LoopInt) from 1 to FP_AbilityAmount, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • (Ability being cast) Equal to FP_Abilities[FP_LoopInt]
          • Then - Actions
            • -------- actions --------
          • Else - Actions
            • -------- ability casted did not match any wanted abilities; do nothing --------
    r_s_arrow.png

• For each (Integer FP_TempInt) from 1 to FP_AbilityAmount, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • (Ability being cast) Equal to FP_Abilities[FP_TempInt]
          • Then - Actions
            • -------- actions --------
          • Else - Actions
            • -------- ability casted did not match any wanted abilities; do nothing --------

2. Go to the FP Loop trigger and find the If/Then/Else comparison of FP_NodeLast Equal to FP_Spell_ID (it will be under the first Then - Actions you see in the loop). Change FP_NodeLast = FP_Spell_ID to FP_NodeLast = FP_NodePrev[FP_Spell_ID]
      • If - Conditions
        • FP_NodeLast Equal to FP_Spell_ID
      • Then - Actions
        • Set FP_NodeLast = FP_Spell_ID
      • Else - Actions
        • -------- current instance is not the last instance; do nothing --------
    r_s_arrow.png

• If - Conditions
        • FP_NodeLast Equal to FP_Spell_ID
      • Then - Actions
        • Set FP_NodeLast = FP_NodePrev[FP_Spell_ID]
      • Else - Actions

Let me know if you encounter anymore bugs! Also, I went ahead and checked to make sure IP Loop doesn't have the same issue.... and it does :D just like above, change IP_Spell_ID to IP_NodePrev[IP_Spell_ID]
    • If - Conditions
      • IP_NodeLast Equal to IP_Spell_ID
    • Then - Actions
      • Set IP_NodeLast = IP_Spell_ID
    • Else - Actions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.