• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Here is the spell I'd like for a mountain king hero. It is called Enchant Lightning (for lack of a better term).
Tip: When I write "Number/Number/Number", it means that the number changes depending on level.

-The spell lasts 20/25/30 seconds
-The spell has a cooldown of 60 seconds
-The spell causes the hero to deal extra damage (Lightning type) to the target
-The hero has a 20%/30%/40% chance to summon a bolt of lightning that hits 3/4/5 nearby enemies
-The hero has a lightning special effect on the weapons and also causes a lightning effect on the enemy when he attacks.
Why do I request this? So I can learn to make my own, of course! :grin:
Thank you.

Level 37
Level 4
You can make a "dummy" active ability that does nothing - you can base it off berserk for instance. Remove atk/move speed bonuses, and only set it's mana cost, duration 20/25/30 and cooldown 60 seconds.

Then create another UNIT type ability based of Orb of Lightning (new). Make it so it has 3 levels. Make 3 custom chain lightning abilities with only 1 level (with 0 mana cost and cooldown - this is important!) where you edit target count and damage. In Orb of lighting fields you can edit which spell will be used for which level of the spell, and there you can also edit the % chance the spell will proc on autoattack.

Then you write a trigger that goes like this:
Events
Unit - a unit starts the effect of a ability
Conditions
(ability being cast) equal to Enchant Lightning
ACtions
Unit - add Orb of lightning(new) to (triggering unit)
Unit - set level of Orb of lightning for (triggering unit) to (Level of Enchant Lightning for (triggering unit))

Now this is where I bumped into problem. After Enchant Lightning ends, i dunno how to remove that orb of lightning because duration is different for each level of Enchant Lightning. So if someone solves this, i think the spell should be completed.
P.S. for this to work, you'll either have to use Attack Move with the hero or right click on the unit. Orb of lightning based spells won't proc otherwise

Level 11
Now this is where I bumped into problem. After Enchant Lightning ends, i dunno how to remove that orb of lightning because duration is different for each level of Enchant Lightning. So if someone solves this, i think the spell should be completed.
P.S. for this to work, you'll either have to use Attack Move with the hero or right click on the unit. Orb of lightning based spells won't proc otherwise
Yeah, I think dds would be better than an orb ability because auto attacking doesn't work that way.
But it shouldn't be too complicated. To remove the orb ability you can do if/then/else- level of (dummy ability) for (unit variable (ie triggering unit)) equal to x then set a timer for x amount of time. Then create another trigger for when that timer expires and remove the orb ability from unit.

Level 15
simply add before the chain lighting is casted
  • Unit - Set level of chain lighting (dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Static charge for (Triggering unit))
and add lvls to the dummy ability with the units u want to hit for each level

Status
Not open for further replies.