• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request - Thane's Ultimate - Lightning Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 49
Hi, some of you my saw the thread I opened regarding my map(The War of Khaz Modan: Thorium and Blood). Well, as you can see, the Thane's Ultimate spell is already planned - only thing is, I don't know how to create it. If possible I would like to have the spell in GUI(easier for me to change stuff).

What the spell needs to do:

• It needs to fit with this model, and if possible make it so only units whom the sphere touched will be damaged(e.g., if the sphere in this model wont touch a unit it wont be hurt) (this could be a bit difficult though so it isn't a requirement).
  • The spell should damage units in a radius(while the center of the radius is the Hero), and it should be instant-casted.
  • It should be an ultimate so no need for more than one ability level.
  • The spell should have a chance(in percents) to stun enemies in the radius.
  • The spell should daze units(100% chance) - reducing their movement and attack speed.

What should be able to change:
  • I should be able to decide how much damage the spell causes to units in the radius.
  • I should be able to decide how big the radius is(and if possibly, how big the effect model is, but it might have nothing to do with the spell itself).
  • I should be able to decide the percentage for the Stun to occur.
  • I should be able to decide the time the stun, if occurred, lasts.
  • I should be able to decide what are the percents of the movement and damage slow down.

Spell description:

Lightning Nova: The Thane calls forth a great nova of lightning, damaging all units in a big radius, with a chance to stun them for 5 seconds. All units that were hit by the nova will be dazed by it's power, slowing their movement and attack speed.

Level 13
A lot easier than expected, done.

It's half object-edited, half-GUI, also it's theorically MUI since it uses only 1 global and no waits.

I didn't set any sound effect for the spell in the triggers, but you can do that very easily.

Also, I have no idea on setting how big the effect model is...

Meh, enjoy...

Attachments

• Lightning Nova.w3x
    22.2 KB · Views: 35
Level 14
Theres a location leak, just remember to fix it :)

• Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 250.00 of (Position of (Casting unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) is Mechanical) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is A flying unit) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is An Ancient) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an and do (Actions)

Status
Not open for further replies.