• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell Request] Protective Dash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I need a non-target hero spell with 4 levels that when activated, dashes the Hero a short distance forward and provides a spell-shield effect after for 5 seconds. NOTE: the distance doesn't change with each level, only the mana cast and cooldown duration. Please do it in GUI, thanks!

Pretty basic spell and I'd do it myself, but I don't know how to handle spells with points involved. Thanks in advance! +Rep

You can use Knockback 2.5D to include the dash, but I think you meant to say "point target" rather than "no target" as, otherwise, the unit wouldn't know where to dash (unless you intend to base it on facing angle).

The spell shield depends. You want him to be completely spell-immune, spell resistant or do you want him to have the in-game Spell Shield (the one which completely blocks each spell cast against the unit)?

Level 12
Yeah I forgot to mention that actually. I was thinking of an angle-based dash? Like maybe base it off War Stomp or something.

I was only thinking of the in-game spell shield too. Like every time you dash, you have this buff for 5 seconds that would block 1 spell if any are cast on the unit.

ISL

ISL

Level 13
Here you are :)

EDIT:
You will have to import:
1. Unit Indexer made by Bribe
2. 1 item (Rune of Shielding)
3. 2 abilities (Dash; Spell Shield)
4. 2 Triggers (Dash; Dash Loop)

I've also included an optional target point spell in addition to the requested no target one

Keep in mind that I've done very little testing :D

Attachments

• Dash.w3x
    22.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.