• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Request: Fire Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Can anyone make me a spell that fires a ball of fire towards the targetted point and when a enemy unit touches the fire ball, the fire ball explodes and deals damage. When this happens the fire ball is gone.

This spell is just like the on in the game Warlock.

Would be great if it's in GUI (if that's even possible) if not then just in JASS :p

Last edited:
Level 7
I mean that it shoots a ball of fire and when it collides the ball explodes so that it stops moving and goes away. Doesn't really need a other effect :p.
Like the fireball spell of Warlock but without the knockback.

Level 8
erm, it can be done in Object Editor. Simply take a copy of the regular fireball spell, go to Effects, edit an explosive effect (like kaboom, or culster rocket), apply Effect to spell, and you are done.

Level 7
Well the thing is that I want it to be able to target ground and that it explodes when it touches a unit. So the fireball goes in a straight line towards the point.

Level 8
shockwave then, and change its art. theres alot more to spell editor then just a simple name change. trust me, it can be done.

Level 5
He wants to create a dummy unit that looks like a fireball, and force it to move in a linear fashion. Upon impact with the first unit it collides with, it'll explode, deal damage, and then kill the dummy unit. Get it?
It's not world-editable. It means shockwave cannot be used, unless as a base spell. Then, it starts the trigger. Yes, it needs a trigger

Level 8
I do. its called l2make spells. seriously, it can be done. I told you how (atleast the main bit), but if you cant figure out the rest, then read the tutorials on spell making. it not hard.

Level 22
Sry for not done this but have been very busy :S

Gris, you got it all wrong with the shockwave, you cant make the shockwave stop when it hits a unit, not of my knowledge of shockwave and I got alot of that cause usally basing my spells on shockwave

edit

also an other person have made it in vJass

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=125682

just if you wanted to know

Level 8
u probably could thru triggering. say, once the target spell damages a unit, stop the spell, and replace with an explosion spell at location of the removed spell.

Level 21
stop talking bullsh*t grish, such a fire ball with a collision is NOT possible with the normal object editor, for such a collision fire ball you need a dummy to make it perfect, if it is not yet done I could do it in a few minutes.

I would do it in GUI, do you want it MUI?

And Grish, you cannot stop spells after the cast, because you cannot refer to them, and if you want to flame me, I trigger maybe longer as you live ( about 10 years if i count starcraft and warcraft 2 in), and I know perfectly how to code spells and what possibilities are there.

Level 8
u sure?? I've seen something similar to this done in triggers and spell editor... or was I decieved??

Status
Not open for further replies.