• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Issue - Ball of Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
2 Spell Issues - Ball of Lightning / Fire Wall

So I want to use http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...prev=search=ball%20of%20lightning&d=list&r=20 from the spell section but it seems to be outdated or something.

In the move triggers it makes some Boolean check which is Unknown. I cant save it like that. Anyone knows what could be wrong? I'll upload a picture aswell but if you want all the triggers please download the map and check.

If you know the solution please let me know. Or if you know how to make a new trigger which destroys the ball after its 5 sec duration that would be great too.

---

Now to http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...a-142062/?prev=search=Fire%20Wall&d=list&r=20 spell.

I cant code in vJass so I need help with the correct line for changing the damage of the spell.

It should deal:
(1x Hero Level) + (0.2x Hero Agility)

Thanks for any help on this! +rep and credits

Attachments

• BLTrigger.jpg
    BLTrigger.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 122
  • FireWallTrigger.jpg
    FireWallTrigger.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 155
Level 37
It should propably be
  • (BL_Dummy[BL_Index[3]] is dead) Equal to True
In BL Attack when it sets group2, there's also unknown thing there. It hould be matching unit is alive equal to true.

JASS:
private function GetDPS takes unit u returns real
    return GetHeroLevel(u) + 0.2 * GetHeroAgi(u, true)
endfunction

Make sure you modify the line that calls that function, give it the unit as parameter, not the level.

Last edited:
Level 11
Thanks, Ball of Lightning works now :) but Firewall is still not working, I cant get the function which calls it to work properly :/

Level 11
Got loads of errors now :/

Syntax error on:
GetHeroLevel(u) + 0.2 * GetHeroAgi(u, true)
endfunction

Missing return on:
GetHeroLevel(u) + 0.2 * GetHeroAgi(u)
endfunction

Cannot convert integer to unit on:
local real d = GetDPS(tempFireWall.caster)*DAMAGE_INTERVAL

Any of you know the issues?

Level 11
Ops, sorry :p now the only issue left is this:

Cannot convert integer to unit:
local real d = GetDPS(tempFireWall.caster)*DAMAGE_INTERVAL