• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Spell Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
The spells I loaded from another map says there is some problems with some stuff like A00G, or A00H etc.

I think thats the spell numbers or something.

How do I know what spell is which one?

Level 7
i think the spell id problems are, that these spells don't exist in your map. so u have to crate dummy spells like in the map where u have taken the spell u would like to use. then replace in the triggers the false id's with the ones u have created. to know a spell id, do:

just create a trigger without an event and an action, but with a condition:

Code:
condition: hero skill comparison - learned hero skill equal to "the spell which id you would like to know (your dummy spell)"

then convert this tirgger into jass

now u have the spell id

Level 2
Ctrl+D

...Or you just hit Ctrl+D on the Object Editor menu to see its four-character code. Or, click "View Objects as Raw Data" in the menu somewhere...probably under Edit or View.

Note that default spells will have one four-letter code, but custom spells will have two, like this:

<Cstm:Dflt>

The second one is just the default spell that your custom spell is based on. It's just for reference; don't worry about it.

Ironically, that four-character code is called an "alias," when it's really the true name of the spell. The name itself is more of an alias.

Also, spells aren't the only things with aliases; units, upgrades, items, and pretty much EVERYTHING has them. It may not be a spell you're looking for.

Level 2
New problem

Can you copy rects or variables?
Also how do you make them?

I wanted to try a spells but it seems I need something in rects in object manager and I cant seem to copy it and I dont understand how to make one.

Level 21
oz02 said:
You have to copy and paste the triggers and spells, unless you don't have any custom triggers or spells in your current map, because then you can use the import/export trigger/spell feature. If you do have trigger data and stuff then it will replace all your current trigger/spell data.

Already mentioned in older threads. Its simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.