• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Simple spell but problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm not very experienced in working with spells and so I have a couple problems:

1. I have created a spell; I believe I based it off Breath of Fire. The spell is meant to be a melee homing attack (need to click a unit to use it on) that does 4x strength. It's all good except I can use the skill on plain ground as if it was still Breath of Fire. Is there any other way to go in and fix this other than recreating the spell and basing it off a different ability such as storm bolt or other?

2. This spell resides in a spell book and is the only skill I have made in the spell book thus far. The problem I encounter here is that when I use the skill, it brings me back out of the spell book and then the spell book itself is on the cooldown of the spell inside.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.