• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Spell ideas for a fire mage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
First of all, hi, thanks for choosing my topic to enter and perhaps even give me a hand, because I have a little problem, you see.
So I am working on this campaign at the moment and whilst my terrainer is still fixing some parts of the terrain, I figured I was soon going to get the map from him to fill with triggers, quests etc.
I decided to begin with the making of the main heroes, (RPG campaign) so I did this ninja hero which worked all fine and so. For the second hero, however I need some kewl spells.
The hero is a mage that uses the school fire and fire only.
I need your ideas for some awesome fire spells, 3 normal 1 ultimate like normal blizzard heroes, u know ?
Thanks.

Level 11
---Flame Shield - Absorbs spells' effects, absorbs some damage and burns nearby enemies. Drains hero's mana. Self-cast spell.

---Firebolt - A shockwave with an overscaled firebolt's art. All enemy units in the shockwave's way get stunned for a short amount of time and will temporarily take minor damage. Point-select spell.

---Incinerate - Active ability. Puts a flame inside a unit. The flame damages that unit and all nearby enemy units each time that unit is attacked. If a unit dies while under the effect of Incinerate, that unit turns into a Lava Spawn. Unit-select spell.

---Lava Spawn - Spawns creatures to fight on the hero's side. hmm.. Self-cast spell.

---Flame Weapon - Creates a flaming weapon for some allied unit, increasing its attack damage and giving an area of effect for its attack. Renders/makes this unit immune to firemage's AOE spells, so the unit doesn't go in count with enemies. Unit-select spell.

---Fire Wall - Creates a wall of fire at the target location, damaging all enemy units that pass through it. The wall's facing is determined by the mage's facing. Channeling ability.

---Flame Strike - Takes long time to cast. Target unit gets impaled on a high pillar of fire, losing very much hitpoints, getting stunned and temporarily taking damage, also burning everything around him and being unable to attack. The spell effect is slightly decreased when casting on heroes, but spell's damage is not decreased. Unit-select spell.

---Portal of Fire - Fire mage summons a portal in front of him, that strikes all nearby enemy units with flames. Portal is an immobile phoenix with model of shimmering portal. Fire mage doesn't need to support the portal during its activity. Self-cast spell.

---Fire Trap - Fire mage places an invisible "goblin mine"-like trap that explodes when an enemy unit steps on it and stuns that unit a bit.

---Flamehaze - Firemage turns into a fire lord, replacing some of its abilities with special ones, increasing life, attack damage and giving AOE for his attack.

---Fireshell - The last spell because it's eleventh. Increases the target allied unit's armor and damages all enemy units that attack it.

Last edited:
Level 12
Incindiary Bubble-Acid bomb except it doesn't reduce armor
Firewalk-Whereever you walk you leave behind a path of fire which deals damage over time and gives units a fire buff which deals damage over time
Blessing of the Pheonix-Pheonix egg morph ability except when you die flamestrike happens all aorund you to eliminate the last remaining enemies.... but if there are more.....

Level 12
Froumla1, that would be spells for some Flaming Demon, but not for human mage that studied fire magics.

I'm saying...
He was taught formally however, that doesn't mean he didn't experiment....

Ever played with fire before?

I suppose you can take out Blessing of the pheonix, add in Pyromorphisis (Turns into a fire lord) and then he gains that ability as a fire lord

Level 12
I guess that ability would only be available on 100th level. Then we need abilities for what fire mage turns into.

I suppose everything I said is pretty close to what he would use
-Fire walk
-Invinite firesheild

Level 11
Alright. So, when fire mage turns into flaming demon, two of his abilities would be replaced by firewalk and invinite fireshield.

When firemage in a form of firelord dies, he explodes, extremely damaging all nearby units, and the unit that killed firelord, acquires an art of fire at its origin point and gets controlled by neutral hostile for some not very long period of time.

We need some guy who would bring more ideas for spells :/ But I might edit my post sometimes to update it with new spells. TS (thread starter), check the post #3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.