• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Types of mages ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
My map has

Wizard
Single target spells

Warlock
Desbuffs and give some uses to the death n to the corpses

Summoner
Guess what he do

Pyromancer
AoE spells, like Fire waves

I need other types of mages ideas please, im looking for TYPES of mages, i mean i dont need another type of summoner, single/multi magic dpser or a desbuff mage

Last edited:
Earth Mage:
Terrain manipulation (blocking space/crowd management without debuff or damage) and slow~ish projectiles (throwing rocks)

Blood Mage
Damage + self-heal and/or damage + self-damage

Unleached Power (Ramping-up-mage)
Each cast increases damage+mana-cost for the following X seconds. At some point spells will be too expensive to continue!

DoT:er
Low up-front damage, mostly Damage-over-time.

Level 21
Healer: Healing (AoE, single-target, over time)

Druid: Crowd control (grows/destroys trees, changes terrain)

Arcanist: Teleport (self, allies, enemies)

Illusionist: Confusion (misdirects units, makes them waste spells)
I like the Druid n illusionist, im not looking for a healer n i feel the arcanist is a bit "useless" xd

Thanks

Earth Mage:
Terrain manipulation (blocking space/crowd management without debuff or damage) and slow~ish projectiles (throwing rocks)

Blood Mage
Damage + self-heal and/or damage + self-damage

Unleached Power (Ramping-up-mage)
Each cast increases damage+mana-cost for the following X seconds. At some point spells will be too expensive to continue!

DoT:er
Low up-front damage, mostly Damage-over-time.
I like all of them

Ferromancer - Turn items into gold, summon metal golem, give buff to unit lasting x hits buffing damage (sharpen metal), turn unit to metal making them invuln but unable to do anything
I rlly like the spells ideas tbh but im looking for a Type not for a Theme :)
Mages types: dps/healer/buffer
Mages themes: ice/fire/darkness

You gimme good spells ideas anyways :) ty

Anti-Summoner: Spells affect magic-immune summons, causes summons to turn Neutral Hostile, deals higher damage to summons.

Corpsemonger: Spells affect corpses, denies corpses to enemy necromancers.
Antisummoner idea is pretty good, ill add some of these spells to my Antimage hero, corpsemonger idea fits more for an Unit not for a Hero :)

Thanks

Energy Ball Manipulator:
Summons an energy ball at location (dealing damage), pushing/pulling existing energy balls dealing damage to enemies hit... Something like that.

Bomber man:
Places bombs that explodes in "lines" like a +. Other abilities can be pushing bombs, walk faster, or something.
I could add the Energy ball spells to the summoner, i got a Hero that do what bomberman idea represents :)

Psychic: See's invisible units, dispels summoned units.

Technomancer: Creates, upgrades, and repairs Mechanical units.

Shadow man: Goes invisible and blinds enemies. Can also teleport. Acts as a Scout.
I think the psychic is a good concept if you mix it well with an Illusionist, technomancer idea is already taken from a not magical hero in my map :), for shadowman i got a Rogue hero :)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.