• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Is there anyway you can make spells that have charges? Similar to an item.

What I'm looking to do is when you pick up an item say "Fire" it adds a charge to the spell "Fireblast" but doesn't add an item into you're inventory is this possible?

Level 7
Mmm.. not really. You could come up with a system that would only allow them to use fire X amount of times before removing it.

Then of course if you pick up fire without the ability, the ability is added to your unit.. then if you pick up fire and you DO have the ability, a "charge" is added.. being a stored integer variable which would indicate how many casts remain.

Level 10
Atticus there is a way. it requires vJASS n serious knowledge of maniplating trigger info. Ive seen it done and studied it. Only probelms is i forgot since it was ages ago lol. just try doing the way max said. Basicly remove it after so many uses. After every use just display a message saying #of uses left.

Level 7
Yeah, either a message, or some other visual effect? like little flames that circle the hero constantly, amount of flames being how many charges you have..

Level 6
I did what you said. It worked great. Now I just need a visual as you said. I have the spell in a spell book I have it hide/show if its 0 or greater than 0.

Now I just need a visual. The txt might work although I would think people might forget. And the visual above head is a cool idea but I have like 10+ spells that need to have this. So I was thinking a multiboard that shows up when you click open the spellbook. : /

Actually I'll use a leadership board as im already using a multiboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.