• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] Spell book spell choosing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi guys, i'm making a hero defence map and i would like to know if it's possible to make a spell book for each hero which holds 11 spells but for every spell you can choose between 2 or 3 spells when a condition is emt (eg: a cetrein level). So it would have 22 to 33 spells but only 11 will be visible. I have no knowledge of jass but if it can be done through gui it would be great.

If I understand correctly, what you described should be possible. Check out this tutorial for more information:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34530

Scroll down to the FAQ and look at "How to add spells to a spellbook using triggers".

Although, I'm not sure how you are going about letting them choose between the two or three abilities. In any case, you can simply remove the abilities that the user didn't choose and add only the ones the user did choose.

Level 6
Thanks i think this should do it. But should i create 2 or 3 dummy spell books each with 11 spells and the player will be able to choose up to 11 spells from shops or somehting like that?

Level 33
How does the unit gain ability from ?
A shop ?

I mean, to start with, the unit has a spell book which contains nothing at all
At later on, the unit can buy spells from a shop that would add the ability in the spell book (but maximum spell is 11)

Is this what you're looking for ?

I just need to know how does the ability gain is executed

Level 6
Yes. The hero will gain levels from fightning in an arena and lumber will be awarded when he levels up (or through events) and will be able to buy abilities from skill shops. Each hero class will have 2 or 3 shops for his abilities. If there are 2 shops, there are 22 spells possible for a hero but i can only put 11 in a spell book so i was thinking of making 2 dummy spell books with the same ID as the real spell book (a third one) and make spells available through triggers when the unit gains it from a shop.

Level 6
Ill try to be more accurate.

The hero has a spell book which can contain 11 spells. There are 22 possible spells (lets stick to that number). 2 shops each sell 11 spells for the 22 total possible. When the hero buys a spell it adds it to his spell book so he can only buy 11 from the 22 total buyable spells.

So, what i was thinking was giving a real spellbook containing no spells to the hero and give him 2 dummy spellbooks (desactivated via trigger) each containing 11 spells. All 3 spellbooks would have the same ID so the spells would share. I know it's possible but is it for 2 dummy spellbooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.