• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell book issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have like 7 abilities in my spell book. But only 6 or so show up when in game. Is there a max to how many you can have in a spell book? And if so, how can I set it up so my hero has lets say 20 abilities for example.

Level 39
The spellbook ability itself has 2 fields you need to change: Data - Minimum Spells and Data - Maximum Spells. Otherwise you should be able to put up to 11 visible abilities in the spellbook simultaneously. You can go above that number but you won't see them on the command card until other abilities are disabled or removed from the spellbook.

Level 12
The spellbook ability itself has 2 fields you need to change: Data - Minimum Spells and Data - Maximum Spells. Otherwise you should be able to put up to 11 visible abilities in the spellbook simultaneously. You can go above that number but you won't see them on the command card until other abilities are disabled or removed from the spellbook.

Okay, is there any way to go above that limit? Or work around sort of speak.

Level 39
You can have as many as you want, but you can only see 11 buttons because there are only 12 spots on the command card -1 for cancel....

If you put 12+ abilities into the spellbook you can order the unit to cast even the ones that aren't visible via triggers, but a player can't click a button they can't see.

Level 12
You can have as many as you want, but you can only see 11 buttons because there are only 12 spots on the command card -1 for cancel....

If you put 12+ abilities into the spellbook you can order the unit to cast even the ones that aren't visible via triggers, but a player can't click a button they can't see.

Would a good solution be have an ability in the spell book "Next Page" that removes one spell book and creates another for another bunch of spells?

Level 12
A good solution is whatever is intuitive and not annoying. I think the better question is why do you need 12+ abilities in a spellbook? That's a lot.

Well I've got about 7 or so that are passive spells that can be unlocked. Like for example one we call "blood particle regen" which when researched activates an ability that slowly increases hero hp regen always.

But mainly in my game you get a passive income of 3 lumber each minute, and just about all abilities cost 10 lumber. I really want to expand on the abilities giving the player tons of possible strategies using these abilities. That way the gameplay becomes a lot more unique and not so predictable.

Level 39
Put all the passives in one spellbook and the actives in another. Or separate them by theme or some other criteria that players will understand quickly. If you use some hackery like this you can get rid of a couple buttons on the command card which would free up more slots for more spellbooks, if the issue is not enough spaces on the command card to put all the spellbooks you need/want.

You can also nest spellbooks in spellbooks to make multiple pages: Tutorial: Multi-Paged Spellbook - Wc3C.net

Level 12
Put all the passives in one spellbook and the actives in another. Or separate them by theme or some other criteria that players will understand quickly. If you use some hackery like this you can get rid of a couple buttons on the command card which would free up more slots for more spellbooks, if the issue is not enough spaces on the command card to put all the spellbooks you need/want.

You can also nest spellbooks in spellbooks to make multiple pages: Tutorial: Multi-Paged Spellbook - Wc3C.net

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.