• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Wondering) Spell Book Relations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hello,

I was thinking of a way to fix a few issues with "Spell Book" within my up coming beta test of my "Multiplayer", i was wondering is it possible to do the following things,

- If a Hero Learns a Skill from choosing his skill or passive Hero Abilitie, then a trigger which would allow to move "Last Learned Hero Abilitie" to "Spells & Passive" Spell Book ?

- Is there a way to properly set up a Hero Gains a Level, Level Equals to 3 "Example", and then he learns a random abilitie which relates to the unit we've setup within a trigger, and then detects the level etc etc, which i've already seen in tutorials, but the issue is "Adding More Spells" because i always end up with "One Spell in the Spell Book" and the other one basicly not,

Yours RD,

But just noticed post in the wrong section, Can someone move This to the correct thread please, ?

Last edited:
Level 8
I think the only way to add spells to an existing spellbook is to actualy give the heor another spellbook which shares the same ID as the other spellbook. So you could detect which ability is learned in hero skills, remove it and have a trigger give him the spellbook. I guess you would need to create a lot of IFs for a lot of abilities...

From there you MAY be able to directly level just by doing the same in a trigger as a normal ability but it also MAY be different for spellbooks which I'm not sure on.

Level 19
Well,

The issue is if i manualy add the spells into the "Spell Book" then allow the hero to automaticly start of with the spells from the start, and i've already set up a trigger to detect the "Hero Gains A Level" and level ability, at different levels,

But the most i want is to either set them up with 1 spell at the start using spell books or to allow them to choose their spell, and then add it to the spell book.

But i don't mind doing alot of IF coniditons to behonest, just as long as its Leak Proof, which can be easily done,

Level 8
Not sure what you're asking.

You woul need 1 spellbook for eack ability. These spellbooks share the same, uh, ID it think it is. That's how to add spells to spelbooks. You are actualy adding more hidden spellbooks but because they share the same ID all the spells will appear in the original spellbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.