• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Special Effect not showing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
In order for the effect to be attached to the model, the model must have that designated bone (Correct me if I'm wrong, not a pro modeler) to attach the effect to, in this case origin.

If you're using an imported model, test the effect on another model.

Otherwise, I don't see any problem with the effect. Show more code if you're not using an imported model.

Last edited:
Sometimes sfx just don't get displayed, especially if they are destroyed afterwards in triggers (I have noticed that it has to do with birth time - if there is, the model will be displayed properly). Try adding the effect into a passive ability, e.g. Trueshot Aura with every value down to 0, or even Sphere and give it to the unit. Notice, if you use Trueshot Aura, change the Targets Allowed to "Self".

Level 13
It's exactly the other way round (and a bit like you said :p).
All models behave exactly the same, doesn't matter if it's a unit
or a created special effect. Destroying a special effect works the same
way like killing a unit with the desired model.
The birth animation is always played, don't think that you can change this.
If the effect stays, the stand animation is used.
Whenever you destroy it, the death animation will be played,
queued after the birth animation if it's still played.

The effect he is using is an item effect afaik, one of those that
doesn't have a stand and only a birth animation.
The only possibility for an effect not to show up is when it
only has a stand animation, neither birth nor death.

I think it's a reference problem,
since all wc3 units have the origin attachment point
and I think nearly all at hive too
(could think that they get rejected without, dunno).

Level 18
Pharaoh_ said:
Sometimes sfx just don't get displayed, especially if they are destroyed afterwards in triggers (I have noticed that it has to do with birth time - if there is, the model will be displayed properly)

If you look at the path he is using for the effect model, it is the Item - Illusion effect, which works just fine even if it is destroyed immediately after creation.

I'm guessing that his "Frieza [ FriezaInt ]" is returning an unintended value.

Status
Not open for further replies.