• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spearman/Pikeman Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Could anyone create a spearman/pikeman with custom animations out of the footman? he would be holding a spear with two hands. Thrusting animations. please dont just take the felguard's animations, i despise them.

i also have in mind a footman spearman with his shield and a shorter spear. if his animations could be similar to skrab's low poly Undead Spartan (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...758/?prev=search=undead%20spartan&d=list&r=20), that would be awesome.

Level 22
cause there are no other pikeman. ill fire off some othe reasons as well:
1. My race is niether blood elf or High elf (Referring to Gen.Franks/Elenai's models)
2. All the Pikemen on this site either use blademaster(!!) or Felguard animations. Felguard animations are kind messy since his arms reach his knees/shins, and they look kinda awkward for a human
3. I need a human pikeman.

Skrab's Undead Spartan's animations are practically perfect for my request, however he didnt respond to a vm if i asked him if he could transfer over his animations to a footman.

Your halberdier for Italian Wars was pretty good too, however his attack animation looked kinda funky cause the halberdier moved forward, but the spear didnt D:
he also doesnt really look like a wc3 footman either.

Level 22
the halberdier as a hole. he just pushes his body, and not his arms.

@Taylor
Well, If you could, re-rigging either the footman or captain (both if possible) and animating it so the animations look somewhat like skrab's undead spartan. Im just referring to skrab's spartan since it has practically everything i want, a nice thursting motion, plus he's holding a shield, which i kinda need.
Defend animation would be nice too.

Level 4
Omg, wugi's doing something wc3 related again!? Ghost, you know me as a lazy bastard so don't get your hopes up though, I'll just do one attack anim, walk, and death (with no decay)

(OR IF I can still find that gondor spearman on my avatar, I'll probably just jack that one)

Attachments

• wugilazy.JPG
    wugilazy.JPG
    6.1 KB · Views: 463
Level 22
wugibastard, you better get this job done D: i remember you said u would give me an exclusive model in "a day or two". never happened.
just get it done comrade. defend animation would be nice, but not really neccassary.

i kinda wanted a shield since they would have an ability when activated they raise their shield, increase armor, damage return, but become immobile. but meh, having a two handed spearman is good enough for now.

Level 35
Isn't it supposed to be a 2 day gap in between bumps, anyway?

Ow, you could replace the desired 'defend' animation with a 'phalanx' animation if the Pikeman is 2-handed, I reckon 2-handed Pikeman would be better anywayz.

But I'm afraid I don't know how to animate, so sorry to waste your time in that regard.

Level 22
but spearmen usually fought in large formations, closed up together top provide maximal protection, but also to advance as a wall of spears. they would have too little room to swing a large polearm.
anyways, i see a halberd as more of a slashing/swinging weapon, not a spear tho.

Level 22
well, this unit's gonna replace the footy, so i just geomerged the footy's head in. im not that big of a fan of the bandit's helmet :\. but it works quite good actually, you cant really notice any major faults in the animations in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.