• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Model Request) Spearman-Ranged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
i transfered the bandit spearthrower's animations to the spearman and it looked like this...

1.JPG

how can i fix this?

Level 18
Regarding the messy animation transfer you experience, I can explain that to you.

The Bandit Spearthrower (or normal Bandit) have a inverted bone name, which means the 'Left' bone is suppose to be the 'Right' bone (example : Bone_Leg1_R is actually Bone_Leg1_L).

You have to rename all the bones in the Bandit model's arms and legs before you transfer any animation from it to MY model. However, you should have notice TWO things;
1) the Bandit is Right-Handed while the Footman is Left-Handed.
2) If you compare the bones of both models, each have one 'Hand Bone' missing opposite each other.

Level 2
this footman dont throw his spear! it was really bugged...
have you see it in a viewner?... Failed footman thrower... omg...

can some1 make a full working Footman Spear Thrower?... Thanks!!!

Level 18
TWO Choices...

Okey, Here's the thing...

I already finish making a Spear-Throwing Footman.
And now I'm currently reworking my previous work ( http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/spearman-151537/?prev=search=spearman&d=list&r=20 ) to be able to switch between melee (Spearman) and range (Spear-Thrower).

And here's TWO choice you can make;
1) You can take the Spear-Throwing Footman now, OR...
2) You can wait for the interchangeable Spearman/Spear-Thrower model to be finish.

I'll be waiting for your answer(s)...

Attachments

• Preview04.png
    Preview04.png
    235 KB · Views: 393
Level 18
I have a Few Option;

1) I create some 'Morph' animations with the model flings his spear up in the air and grabs it to Spear-Throwing stance.

2) I create some 'Morph' animation with the model raise his left hand up, spins the spear and grabs it to Spear-Throwing stance (almost similar to Dryad's 'Stand 4' animation).

3) I create some 'Morph' animation with the model throwing away the spear in hand and grabs a new one from his back to Spear-Throwing stance.

4) I don't make any 'Morph' animation.

Level 18
Problem Occur!

A Problem occur on the interchangeable 'Spearman/Spear-Thrower' Model!

During a test-run of the model on a map, the alternate 'Decay Flesh' animation for the spear-throwing set has shown a problem.
So I plan to ditch the hybrid model for now and upload the Spear-Throwing Footman.

Here is the link: ( http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/spearthrower-197530/?prev=status=p&u=Wandering%20Soul ).

NOTE : It's still pending, but my guess is it will be rejected by moderators for the lack of editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.