• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Spawning units...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
On my rpg I am making a spell that makes a rally point type of thing, and I want units to spawn in random spots between the rally point and the hero as it is casted.
sry dunno how to use triggers tags
I'd make it like
Event-Unit - A unit begins casting an ability
Condition - (Ability being cast) equal to Rally
Actions - Wait .6 seconds
[part I need help with]

would use like Create X footmen at {something} facing {random angle} degrees.
two things in "{}" is what I need help with. I see two placements; "Event Response -Target point of issued order" and "Unit - Position of Unit" but by themselves they are useless to me. If only I could have it "create X footmen {random point between "even response-target point of issued order" and "unit - position of triggering unit"} but unfortunately I don't see anything like that.:nw:

Level 22
Ok. Here's a trigger. The Footman I have there would be your rally flag. However you want to get its position.

• Rally
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Divine Shield
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set TempPoint2 = (Position of Footman 0003 <gen>)
      • Set TempPoint3 = (TempPoint offset by (Random real number between 0.00 and (Distance between TempPoint and TempPoint2)) towards (Angle from TempPoint to TempPoint2) degrees)
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at TempPoint3 facing Default building facing degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint2)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint3)
Let me know if you need more help.

By the way, here are trigger tags:

[TRIGGER][/TRIGGER]

Just put them around your code that you paste in here.

Level 11
Thx alot man, should I also use the call remove thing after a variable is done in use?

If I would have noticed the math random interger between two points it would have been a big help XD

Status
Not open for further replies.