• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

spawning trigger help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a spawning trigger set up that is messing up

• capture her9
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for basecap
    • Conditions
      • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to basecapbuttons[2]
    • Actions
      • Unit - Change ownership of Border Station 0023 <gen> to (Triggering player) and Change color
      • Set siegeengine = 0
      • Set footmen2 = 1
      • Set lancer2 = 0
      • Set rangercyd2 = 0
      • Set archercyd2 = 0
that's just one of the many examples of the instance of this trigger, the map contains a lot more then that that operate in conjuncture and if you need me to post those I will do that also.

But anyways here is the problem, when I capture a base the spawn triggers
  • footmen3
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by (Owner of New Weston 0009 <gen>) Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Footmen (3)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set footmen3 = (footmen3 + 1)
          • Unit - Remove (Trained unit) from the game
        • Else - Actions
  • spawn50
    • Events
      • Time - Timer expires
    • Conditions
      • (New Weston 0009 <gen> is Dead) Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Set temppoint = (Center of Rect 015 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create footmen3 Footmen (3) for (Owner of New Weston 0009 <gen>) at temppoint facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temppoint)
stop working (again those are just one example of all that I have but they are all the same.)

anyone know my problem?

Last edited:
Level 4
As far as I can tell, the unit is made, you add 1 to the variable footmen3 and then remove the unit.
What exactly are you trying to do?
Are you replacing the base with a new base unit if so that is why it stops working.

Level 3
Okay, let me clarrify what this trigger does. The game has a timer going, a spawn timer. each time it runs out you get a spawn, you can upgrade your spawn, add units to it. The variables control that as you "train" the unit in the base it doesn't appear right then but when the timer runs out it, and any other unit you have added will spawn.

This works, until the base changes ownership.

(Just realized I posted the add unit to spawn trigger twice and not the actually spawning trigger, my bad, one moment, fixing)

Status
Not open for further replies.