• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

what is wrong with thees triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a spawning trigger set up that is messing up

• capture her9
  • Events
  • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for basecap
  • Conditions
  • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to basecapbuttons[2]
  • Actions
  • Unit - Change ownership of Border Station 0023 <gen> to (Triggering player) and Change color
  • Set siegeengine = 0
  • Set footmen2 = 1
  • Set lancer2 = 0
  • Set rangercyd2 = 0
  • Set archercyd2 = 0
that's just one of the many examples of the instance of this trigger, the map contains a lot more then that that operate in conjuncture and if you need me to post those I will do that also.

But anyways here is the problem, when I capture a base the spawn triggers
  • footmen3
  • Events
  • Unit - A unit owned by (Owner of New Weston 0009 <gen>) Finishes training a unit
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
  • If - Conditions
  • (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Footmen (3)
  • Then - Actions
  • Set footmen3 = (footmen3 + 1)
  • Unit - Remove (Trained unit) from the game
  • Else - Actions
  • spawn50
  • Events
  • Time - Timer expires
  • Conditions
  • (New Weston 0009 <gen> is Dead) Equal to False
  • Actions
  • Set temppoint = (Center of Rect 015 <gen>)
  • Unit - Create footmen3 Footmen (3) for (Owner of New Weston 0009 <gen>) at temppoint facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temppoint)
stop working (again those are just one example of all that I have but they are all the same.)

anyone know my problem?

Also, as a second note I do have a timer set up it is working just fine, it's a cycling timer that expires every 90 seconds and restarts

Last edited:
In your last trigger ("spawn50"), you have the event "Time - Timer expires". In order to have such an event, you need to have an action in another trigger (e.g. in "footmen3"):
Countdown Timer - Start Timer as a one-shot timer that will expire in X seconds
Set Timer = Last created timer

Then, in your spawn trigger, don't forget to add in the end of the trigger: "Custom script: call DestroyTimer (udg_Timer)".

Status
Not open for further replies.