• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sparta

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
"Remember us. Those were as simple orders as a king can give. Remember that we fought for the very water you drink today. For the very soil you step upon each time the sun rises. Remember us, for we have died for Sparta."

WIP stage, for now. Source of inspiration: 300.
Credits for models: olofmoleman and Tykkimies.
As usual, comments and crits are encouraged and appreciated.

Last edited:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Yeah, its when you make a doodad using one of the campaign glue-screen models (the things with the grunt, footman, lich or archer for each campaign).

So each of those models consists of the unit and the environment around it, as well as a sky plane behind it. When scaled properly and put in the right position, the sky plane can act as a real sky for some terrains.

Now the whole reason I do this, is 'cause the existing sky skins can be quite limiting (like for example, a night sky with stars, moon and stuff like that are not present there), while the glue-screen skies include a night sky, a sunny one and a frosty, dark, dead one with quality surpassing that of the in-game skies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
'bout friggin' time for a flackin' update

First opportunity to use WE in a while. So i decided I continue this. Hope this ain't considered necroposting. ^^

Updates:
- Added grass
- Changed the fog a bit
- Added some rocks in the background

Next to come:
- Night version (raging's tip)
- Trees (still searching for appropriate ones)

EDIT: lol necro and double posting at the same time :p

Last edited:

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Hm... I got inspired to add some effects out of the Editor.

So I made this lake and added the glowy sun. What do you think, folks? Should I keep them?

Oh, and I added some trees (these seemed appropriate...)

Attachments

• Sparta_Updated_More.jpg
    Sparta_Updated_More.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 125
Level 34
I like it, and don't like it. It's hard to decide. I think that if you make a better shore line it would look good.

Level 25
I think you need to add more Greek buildings in the city to make it actually look like a city and not a village. Sparta was a "city-state" which means it was pretty big and had some sort of importance. Not to mention that the Spartans were one of the most fierce warriors to live in that time. At age 7 they began to learn to attack and defend themselves, and then around age 14 I think, they joined the army. Or maybe that was age 18-21. Oh well.
~Craka_J

Level 8
THIS IS SPARTAAAAA!!! Lol. Its good, but the only thing I dont like is that some things arent WE.

Status
Not open for further replies.