• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Masiah's Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Since times of old, lands have been where they are: and we, simplest of the mortal creatures, haven't managed to change that in ages. Many complain about how lands are damaged by wars and cultivation, failing to understand that land is way too majestous to be affected by steel, fire or anything or any other of our creations, as in no time land covers up it's wounds, simple scratches on something too big for us to understand. Land only changes by it's own will, at a slow but constant pace... and we can only see glimpses of and endless story. Remember this and enjoy these glimpses, as they are the most precious present that land can give you.
- Prophet Asgarth
I start today my path as serious terrainer. I long for your critics so I can improve my skill and offer you even better "glimpses".

Terrains:
1. Forest Altar: A forgotten and ruined altar of the Druids deep in the forests.
2. Sea Fortress: A human outpost near the sea, a refuge to all the near villagers that supply it with all the necessary goods, is about to recieve an unexpected visit.
3. Sea Fortress at Night: The sea fortress's surroundings are patrolled by mages during the night, protecting it's lands from the Night Creatures.

Attachments

• Forest Altar.jpg
    Forest Altar.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 327
  • Sea Fortress Day.jpg
    Sea Fortress Day.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 303
  • Sea Fortress Night.jpg
    Sea Fortress Night.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Level 34
Pretty nice castle, but your atmosphere is poor in the second. I don't like the first one because of the way the terrain ends. The trees don't fade into the black, they just abruptly stop.

Level 13
Update:
Didn't have any new ideas for terrains yet, so I just updated my old images, trying to follow your advice, and added the sea fortess (I'm really lacking originality...) at night to show the lighthouse at work.

Level 17
It's looks great! I like the first picture best because of the trees, second is oke but it would be better if you'd make the second picture less black-ish so you could see more of the castle.
The lighthouse does not realy looks liek it's giving light though, it looks more like a white ball without any real glow.
But don't take these small things to serius, these terrains look awsome!

Level 5
I really like the first one :thumbs_up: but in the second you can see the ship only half. Hold Strg (Ctrl) and scroll back. Do it in the 3 picture too and the fog in the second picture you know what to do:wink:. The rest is nice Gj!

Level 9
Ok. The first image looks alright. but a tip. When taking your screenshot dont get the surrounding doodads so close. then you can see the bad textures for the objects. And for the last two I dont really like them. The boat in the background looks strange how it is just a black silouet when you can still see the waves splashing. The 3rd one is just to dark but the tower does look cool. all in all i'd say 2.5/5

Status
Not open for further replies.