• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spam?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
okay, i was just wondering EXACTLY what is considered spamming in hiveworkshop >.> please comment! i think three really good maps got rejected because of it. AND i also think it was because us three map makers were having a discussion on the other guy's map =\ but i never knew discussing things fell into the category of spam? or is it not considered spam?

because to me, a map thread is the same as any other thread and there should not be any reason to ban discussions and only allow one time feed backs. i think threads are great places to hold discussions because hiveworkshop is much easier than emailing everyone on the hive community or IMing everyone. if we hold our discussions on a thread, then it's open to the public and anyone can join! but, if it's the case that it's considered spamming... well then... i dont know xD just comment please!

Level 16
I think there is a topic around here which also has a good example of what is spam i will check.

Well i found Spam in the rule book so read this and you should be able to figure it out.

Spam

No spam is allowed. Spam is the act of posting irrelevant, inappropriate or meaningless messages. Spam violations will be punished at the discretion of the staff. Spam posts or threads may be closed or deleted at any time, without warning.

Level 6
oh yeah... haha im sorry xD. okay i'll go search for spam forums. and i know what the rule was >.< i just never thought that i would get rejected (and im not even sure if that's the case). well, theres been no response back from the moderators and they think i can read their minds or something. but im telling you, i have no idea what they are thinking xD. they just ignore me and whenever they do, im guessing whatever i said is right or else they wouldnt bother commenting back to correct me.

EDIT: Actually, okay I searched the forums and I can't find anything about spam D=. maybe the reason the three maps got rejected wasn't because of spam, but what's the real reason? =(. moderators dont respond back to me, so does anyone have any ideas??

all i found on the forums was someone pressing enter and activating some silencing thing on THW chat, and also the spam people talk about is like this LKASJDFK ASDKLFJ ASDFLJK ASDF;LKJASDFLK and pressing enter repeditly or w/e. BUT that wasn't the case for our maps... so... WTF?!? arghhh RUI IF YOU ARE READING THIS, REPLY!!! XD and i think i contacted another moderator too

Last edited:
Level 22
Spamming something, can also be rapidly typing.

This can only occour in chat-like places.
If you type your sentences very broke up, so 'I once had a dog that was named Pikachu' would be:

I once
had a dog
the dog
that i had
was named
Pikachu.

But i don't think you can get infractions for typing like that in chat.

Level 6
thanks you too!

so "He speaks words of wisdom!" is considered spam because he agreed with the dude? umm... why? lol? i see no reason why complimenting a person, or agreeing/disagreeing with a person should be considered spam... it seems as though some moderators have forgotten that good, simple feed back is also as necessary as negative, hurtful (yet helpful) feed back =\. it's like they want to perfect their forums and leave out all of the fun stuff and just the good, hard core info data =\. THW should also be a place for communication, not just rough analysis of your maps/mods/spells/ideas =\.

EDIT: thanks for the info^^ but that "he speaks words of wisdom" still bugs me =\. it's just a positive comment, why consider it spam?

EDIT TWO: "Yeah, that would fall under stupid, pointless, and annoying :p" like what void said, he was just agreeing with your comment (blood's) and there's nothing wrong with that, unless you consider his comment spam too >.>. this is the same situation as the "he speaks words of wisdom!".

Last edited:
Level 22
Im sorry if i arn't reading everything thoroughly through, but i got a massive-post-without-empty-lines-phiobia.

Agreeing is not spam, but making a post consisting of 3 words, of nothing cotributed is.

If you agreed, and told why, or proved something, or just had something else to tell, its fine.

Level 6
AHAH! i thought so xD (about both of you). i wasn't really sure if everyone or just some moderators were strict about it. and yeah, i can understand the classic spam, but i think 3 maps got rejected because of our "spamming" (under those strict rules).

thanks guys! i wasn't really sure if the reason why I got rejected was cuz of the "spam" issue, but i guess one of the moderators found it offensive. but... iono it just doesn't seem fair that my positive feed back "spamming" is equal to the kind of noobish spam when they just go !@#!@$!@$ *enter enter enter* why do we both share the same punishment? D=.

and it's okay bloody! as long as you have the same views as me xD. now only if everyone was as sensible as you... =\ i wish for a lot in a moderator >.< now it kinda makes me question how moderators got their job in the first place...

Rui

Rui

Level 41
"He speaks words of wisdom!" is considered spam because it was unnecessary.

The comment area of the resources are reserved for feedback and criticism, not to discuss random things, and if you truly see the maps' comment areas as threads, then you should know this, since it is the topic in discussion {edit}of those threads.

And spamming is also what you have been doing all along. If your map was rejected, I'm pretty sure the moderator wrote a reason for doing so.

Last edited:
Level 12
live with it, many normal discussions here are closed with unknown purpose. Just becouse you are not agreeing with the second guy and he doesnt agree with you, it will be called "flame" here.

Yes, thats true.

(and close this thread as you done with thousands of others with complaints in them)

Status
Not open for further replies.