• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sound question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello!

I am creating a modern warfare map, and I have imported some custom sounds to use when unit cast abilities.

Example:
"Event - Unit - A unit Begins casting an Ability

Conditions - (ability being cast) Equal to Shoot

Action - Sound - Play Mp5_SMG-GunGuru <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (casting unit)"

My problem is, that when I play with my friends, and we are on different parts of the map. I hear the sound when my friend cast the ability in the same volume as if I had casted it myself(everyone only control one unit each). I wonder if there is a way to reduce the loudness(?) of the sound a player hear based on the distance his unit is from the unit casting the ability.

Level 4
Thanks all for help! +rep

I now see that I cannot use the WAV-sounds i imported from SoundBible as 3d-sound(The button is gray, no matter what channel or effect i put them as).

I wonder if anyone know a good site where you can download 3d-effect sound of good quality for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.