• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trigger Play Sound Not Working After Playing Once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys I'm struggling with triggering a sound to play.

Before the recent patch update (1.29 I think) I was able to hear the sound I put in my spell trigger every time my unit cast a spell but now after the patch update (1.30) for some reason the sound would only play once - as in the sound would play when I first cast the spell but when I recast the spell a second time or more it won't play the sound anymore?

I have more codes within the actual spell but I've simplified it down and tested it to see if it was due to the other actions running that causes it but it wasn't. Here is what I simplified it down to:

Code:
[Reckless Leap Init]
Event
Unit - A Unit Starts the effect of an ability

Conditions
(Ability being cast) equal to Reckless Leap

Actions
Set Blademaster = (Casting unit)
Trigger - Run Reckless Leap Sound <gen> (checking conditions)

Code:
[Reckless Leap Sound]
Event
Null

Conditions
Null

Actions
Wait 1.00 seconds // I've deleted this to test if the problem was due to wait time but it wasn't.
Sound - Play RecklessLeapSound <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to Blademaster // I've tried putting this on the first trigger instead to test but the same problem occured, it would only play the sound on the first spell cast but nothing after that.

Is this due to the patch update as I assume or is there an extra action that I need to add? I've also tried using the "Sound - Stop RecklessLeapSound <gen> After fading" under the play sound action but that also didn't work.

Much appreciated for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.