• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sound Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
When i duplicate a unit in the GE, it duplicates without the attack sounds, and sorts of bugs the attack sounds from the unit i duplicated from. Ive tried to change back the actor values, but i am having a hard time to find the values i need to change back to normal. Help? :/

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You can rightclick an object and roll back all its values to its parent.

This sounds like bad actor event references. You probably have not update the refrence on the duplicated actor to your new object (in all cases it occurs) so it still links to the parent object for some events.

The result is an event overload failure for the orignal object. Thus none of the actor events of that type asigned to the object run so it bugs out.

I noticed this when I tried to make an odin fire lasers, you have to disable (unhook) its normal attack effect to get a different laser effect (like from the dimond back) to work. If you try and add a dimond back laser effect attachment to it ontop of its normal odin attack it will use neithor when attacking (event overload failure).

Status
Not open for further replies.