• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit model/actor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I was trying to create a simple building, that looks like a large Creep Tumor. I created it's unit value (in Data editor), and duplicated actor of Creep Tumor. I tried to resize the unit, and that is where I encountered problem. If I change scale value in actor (that is used only by my new unit) it changes size of my unit and Creep Tumor. Then, I tried to modify scale values in model, which is copy of the original, and I have the same effect. What am I doing wrong?

Level 2
Ok to be honest this makes no sense to me at all so ill try to guess my way throught it. So you wanted to make a building that looked like a big creep tumor. So copy a building then make an actor with the model of a creep tumor then its either in actor or units there should be a value called *scale* and it should start at 1.00 for all 3 values so numbers bigger than 1 make it bigger and numbers smaller than 1 make it smaller. Also, make sure that each of your units has its own actor just to make sure that you dont chance 1 and then mess up a bunch of your units.

Status
Not open for further replies.