• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Copying Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ok, so I'm pretty much brand new to the GE. Just trying to get a grasp on some things, for me this is very different than the world editor. My question for now is, how do you copy units? For example, I tried to duplicate the marine unit. I started editing away, trying to make my custom unit, but I noticed that a lot of the values weren't the same.

For example, when duplicating a unit, a lot of the sounds don't transfer over to the copy. I couldn't get the attack noises made when giving a unit an attack command to transfer over to the duplicated unit. So now, when trying to command the duplicated units to attack a certain place, they don;t do the typical responses that units do. How do I fix this if I cant add another field to the sound folder of a unit?

Also, most other values transfer over, but in a copied form. So, like the model file for the portrait was set to ...Terran/MarinePortrait/MarinePortrait2 instead of the correct value. Is this just a flaw of the editor or am I doing this wrong and there's another way to duplicate units accurately?

Level 11
Whenever I duplicate units, I don't duplicate anything but the unit itself and its actor. Just check that any duplicated actors have the correct value in their Token area, and make sure their models and such are set correctly. If you duplicate the actors, it should keep the sounds and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.