• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Sound lenghts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.
I'm having a little problem with some sounds that I'm using in my campaign...
Most of them are music tracks (MP3) for various parts of the levels... But I realized that some of them, in the Sound Editor, seem to be longer than outside the editor.
For example, one of them, outside lasts 264 seconds... but the Sound Editor marks near 600 SECONDS. However, when I listen the music in the Sound Editor, it sounds for its 264 seconds, and the rest is silence, but the Sound Editor still appears to be reproducing something.:vw_wtf:
I'm having trouble with triggers because of this problem.
Someone knows how to solve it? Thanks for reading.

Note: Please, sorry if my english is bad...

Regards

Level 5
If that doesn't help, you still can use
play sound - skipping the first X seconds and
(timer length)
sound - stop sound immidiately

Level 9
@ThaAthael: That won't work, I've already tried it.

@Dr Super Good: You may be right... But I've been looking at the features of the sounds, and the transmission speed of some of them was 192 kbps, while the others have 256 kbps or 320 kbps... Could this be the problem?
Re encoding them could solve it?

Thanks for answering

Regards

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
MP3 I blieve can support a variable bitrate. During times of silence, less than 1 kbps is needed as the sound wavefor is very simple (constant). However during times of complexity (lots of high frequency and frequency change) more bits are needed.

What could be happening is the game thinks that the filesize / some bitrate gives the length of the song when actually the bitrate varies (thus it uses far more at times so is much shorter).

You could always trigger a solution I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.