• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sound Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
This seems simple, but I can't seem to figure it out.

-A model I am using has no sound when attacking, and was wondering how I could make it use the attack sound a marine has. I always thought that using the same projectile would take care of that, but in this situaiton that isnt the case. If anyone could show me a trigger I need to make, or something else, id be more than grateful.

-Thanks!

Level 19
Some information: Marine's attack sound(Gyrocopter's) is a sound that "Model" has. Its a node (and an event object). But it uses that sound from mpq so game contains it too. Since game itself contains that sound in it we can make a trigger that plays that sound

Step by Step
1- Set that units Weapon Sound to None
2- From Sound editor find Units->Humans>Gyrocopter->GyrocopterImpactHit1.wav
Right Click and "Use As Sound"
3- Create a Trigger
  • Attacking Sound
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to <Your Units Type>
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play GyrocopterImpactHit1 <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Attacking unit)
This should work properly
Live long and make good maps

Status
Not open for further replies.