• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SotP desperately needs story writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for someone with good English grammar and story writing skills.
You don't need to know how to terrain, code, do any kind of such work.
All I ask you is next:

- Fix and improve my English.
- Create good descriptions and stories for NPC units, quests and so on.
- Work on project presentation.

We will chat on skype with other project members almost each day. You will
always be able to test latest map version, design and shape main and optional
stories of the SotP world. I will give you credits, name 1 badass and core
character in SotP with your name (I hope your username isn't 19238298 ^_^),
give you reputation and all kind of help in future related to this site or your
projects. Dunno what more to say.

Much love, -Kobas-.

Level 6
I am not a good english speaker.. can i suggest some stories on NPC?...then someone can fix my english..

Anyway i want to test my skill... give me an NPC then i try to make a story for it.. then read it.. if you don't like then.. don't accept my offer.. just PM me..

I dont have skype..

Level 2
Well, sir, I can easily assist you in this. I have played SotP and found the grammar to be lacking, yes, please do contact me if you request my assistance. I can write the story (or at the very least, help you with it), I do have a skype, of course, along with a mumble server if necessary. Happy to help whenever!

Last edited:
Level 2
Thank you for showing interest.
I believe Remixer contacted both of you.

We are waiting for you reply, patiently.

Ok then, I've sent my response in. I await the reply to my reply as patiently as you have.

Level 11
I am relatively good at english. I could help, though I do not have skype. . .
And to further add to my post, there are two types of english, American English and Eroupean English (mostly the UK, of course), American English is mostly slang, on the other hand Eroupean english was the original which makes it more accurate e.g.
Color=American English
Colour=Eroupean English
They are in there own, both right, but, it is more accurate to say colour than color. Just a side note :3, if I decide to get skype I will PM you Kobas

Level 20
im american and have a great imagination and english is my only language. ill help.

Capital I(s) are required.

I am relatively good at english. I could help, though I do not have skype. . .
And to further add to my post, there are two types of english, American English and Eroupean English (mostly the UK, of course), American English is mostly slang, on the other hand Eroupean english was the original which makes it more accurate e.g.
Color=American English
Colour=Eroupean English
They are in there own, both right, but, it is more accurate to say colour than color. Just a side note :3, if I decide to get skype I will PM you Kobas

It's European and I think some Americans may find it a little offensive to say that American English is "mostly slang". As you said, they're both considered right, proper and accurate in their respective countries.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Damn man, so many people beat me to this :D. Oh well. I'm reasonably good at English. I can do the stories anyway you like - in rhymes, in partially old-English (e.g. thou instead of you and etc.) and so on. I like designing Development pages and such if that's what you mean by presentation. I'm also up for being a voice actor :D but I guess that's a bit irrelevant. Anyway, if the position is still open I'd be glad to help out.

Level 17
Yes, so unfortunate! However, even though I am too late, I would still like to express my interest as a writer for Shadows of the Past. I need another project to keep me busy over the holiday break. I believe that I am quite skilled in the English language, having lived (and currently live) in Australia for the past decade or so. I also have Skype and I have played SotP before, though briefly I must admit. Though I did watch the cinematic you posted on YouTube and must say that there is room for improvement both in relation to story and grammar.

@ AzzyXVIII
I think that Vengeancekael said all.

@ Noxx-
Thank you for your time and quick response to our request.
We are discussing your work right now.

@ Codric
Thank you for showing interest, but we really look for someone with devotion and a lot of
free time, of course not to work whole day, we can't ask that, but to be here and act
when needed. Checking and fixing posts in SotP forum, checking and approving quest or
any kind of other description needed and so on. Waiting for help more than 2-3 days for
something so small is out of question.

@ DSgamer
Thank you as well for kind offer. But as I said we are checking Noxx- work. I will notify all
of you once we got our member. So if I can request you to wait patiently, maybe we
reject him (sorry if this sounds rude). I see that you are common here, and you have
experience with BB Codes and other site stuff.

@ Wolfe
Thank you Wolfe. It would be nice to have you in team, but you are project leader on
your own, I know how troublesome it is to handle SotP alone, and I don't think you can
do same with 2 huge projects. Thanks to Remixer and marko9 I found strength to move
on. SotP takes so much time, constantly checking, creating, then re-creating same
systems over and over again each time moving slowly towards perfection. Remixer is
constantly testing map, working on forums and suggesting new things. And I will soon
list his name in Special Thanks (Credits list).

It's really nice to see so many people showing interest and offering help.
Sadly right now we need just one user to help us.
I don't want you to feel bad if we ignore you or reject your offer.
There will always be way to help us, and soon we will create few threads where will users
be able to contribute to SotP.

Thank you all once again, have a nice day, -Kobas-.

EDIT:

Great news.
We offered place to Noxx-.

Project Development should move forward much faster now, I'm personally looking towards
future full of improvements and new interesting content.

We never had member on such position, maybe will we need one or more users around,
we will see, but I will come here first if that's the case.

For future questions contact me using PM/VM.
News and fresh info can be found in map development forum or forum progress thread.
Thread can be marked as solved and locked away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.