• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sorry... I Know How Bad I WAS. Please HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
::EDIT::
PLS SEE PAGE 2 ON MY PROGRESS

im SO SORRY for my previous terrain ... I didnt know how terrains actually are ... After Gilles advice ... i went to search around the forum ... see other ppl's work and realised how silly i was ... so i decided to do a new terrain ... but it got f*^ked up ... i wanted to make it a city entrance ... but the ultimate map's city gate was buggy ... so i couldnt increase or decrease the scale value ... so i make it into tis and nw im stucked ... im out of ideas .. HELP

SECOND TERRAIN
1)front view
2) front view
3) further view
4) top view( raised floor doodads ) took me a long time
5) back view

PLUS i colour tinted the front thing ...

nw give me ideas on how i should continue ty::wbored:
p.S Dun ask me wherr the water is coming frm ... I DUNNOOOO:eek:

Attachments

• twerain 2.jpg
    twerain 2.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 268
  • twerain 3.jpg
    twerain 3.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 293
  • twerain 4.jpg
    twerain 4.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 259
  • twerain.jpg
    twerain.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
Level 12
Just try to make it nice.Add some trees on the hills,use a lot of shrubs,as for the grass,mix it up with a lot of other tiles.Add some fish in the water,some props...Maybe add a tower on each hill?Use your creativity.

Level 34
There is an attachment limit, 5mb I think. You weren't even close though.

This is actually really good! For a start. You need to do a lot more work on it, but so far it looks awesome! You will eventually need something in the background.

Keep going!

Level 9
I suggest changing the tileset to the Village one and then adding in a few of the Ashenvale dirt tiles. Don't be afraid to use all of your textures. Throw a blend of different kinds of dirt in the water, don't use straight lines, ect.

But what you have now is a nice composure and can definetly be developed into something really nice looking.

Level 5
no ... i was asking for help on what i should do behind the raised doodads ... as u can c it is empty behind ... wat should i fill in over there behind the raised doodads ... and its incomplete thats why there are no environment doodads around and the hills are plain and i am so unlucky ... the new terraining map just came out x( and im using the old wan :'(

Level 5
thanks ... I didnt noe why i did not think of that ... so i decided to put a lake behind those raised doodads

PROGRESS

1) Added a lake and some hills ... the hills are poky ... will smoothen them out later and btw the lake is incomplete

2) Added another wall using archway : city gate and sme raised tower doodads and castle wall segments will add some rocks in those spacing later

3) Added a Barrack custom doodad modified with tower doodads and a blue doodad flag , and some rocks around it ... its supposed to be a exit frm the dam to the hills

4) Added custom doodads using models of kael and a blood elf lieutenant and also added a raised table , chair , glasses and a candle ...
my favourite screen shot

HOPE YOU LIKE IT!!!
:wgrin::wgrin::wgrin:
MERRY CHRISTMAS x)

Attachments

• hills.jpg
    hills.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 160
  • another wall.jpg
    another wall.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 146
  • barraks.jpg
    barraks.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 138
  • hero.jpg
    hero.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
Level 34
You need a sky and fog. Even though this is WIP, I suggest adding them now just to make them better.

Level 28
Ok, here are the

Coments:

1) Yeah, that is really better!
2) Me and many people don't like the default cliffs that come with the editor, try to avoid them next time or cover them with doodads.
3) Is this playable?
4) Congratulations, you are a very constructive person taht noticed that wasn't all that good in terrainning, and asked for help! We need more people like you!

(Oh, and for a first terrain [I can't say the other was a terrain] it is really good!)

Help:

1) Your hills are too angled and pointy. You must use the large circular brush on the raise ground if you want to make a good-lookin' hill, try it next time. But the "mistake" is already done. Undo the top of your hills, no matter how, and then, lightly raise them with the large circular brush. They don't have to be tall, they need look natural.

2)I know it is a work-in-progress, but, don't forget to add barrels, armor hacks, boxes, at the bridge (just don't add them at the paths); and shrubs, rocks (pay attention if they're floating, if they are, replace them), fallen logs and other enviormental doodads. Lily pads looks great!

3) You need a fog. If you don't know how to use the terrain fog, not the region fog, you'll need this tutorial. It will teach you how to do it.

Keep praticin'!!!!

Level 5
its a dam ... but its like a guard post or smth ... came out of my imagination ... and \naze .. your reply helps me alot ... and why exactly u nid mre ppl like me ... im jus a bloody noob terrainer ... and unfortunately ... tis terrain was made by a noob so it isnt walkable x( and craka J ... its incomplete ... the hills and there is no environment doodads ... nt yet ... im focusing on completeing the dam first and adding unit models doodads on it x) im a slow worker ... cos im kinda busy ... SORRY x(

Level 5
:: UPDATE ::

I've done the hills but not behind the hills ... added fog ... not sure if this is the right kind of fog ... plus i finished the lake but havent added environment doodads and still have no idea what i should put on my dam ...

pls tell me if the fog is wrong or anything ... either wrong kind of fog or the colour i picked sucks . but personally i love the hills and this fog ... it gives a morning and misty feeling xD

HERE ARE SOME SCREENIES:grin::grin::grin:

Attachments

• hills.jpg
    hills.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 106
  • lake done.jpg
    lake done.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 112
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 131
Level 28
Remember to keep the paths clear of doodads while adding them.

I suggest you to place the barracks on the hill, not on the dam, because it looks too heavy to be built there.

Keep the work! You'll see that the finished terrain will give you some yummy rep points ;]

Level 5
nahh i like the barracks over dere ... its a entrance of a passage to get out of that dam... lol yummy rep points ... YUM YUM ... bt wat should i put at the other end ... the big space ... some units training??? snipers and footman

Level 5
snipers in that age??? - wat does it mean

City entrance is buggy .. cant decrease scale ...

colums and walls - to put where?

2 footman tall - wat do u mean ???

Level 5
oh ok but wat would it mean ? that dam is build for what ... AND i am goin to give u some yummy reps for being wif me for so long ... U ROK

Level 5
OMFG ... Its 6 am over here ( japan ) im on vacation ... and im not aslp ... all naze fault xD jokin ... anyway more updates ... see the screenies ... edited the hills and added more ... added some environment doodads as u can c ... but i dunno what to put on the hills ???:ugly:Dam still unchanged ... took out the units doodads , table , chairs , glasses and candles ... maybe i make my dam like a market place with shops at the side ... really have no idea ... or should i jus spam wall doodads in the middle and have it cover up ... i really dunno:cry:

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 129
  • xx.jpg
    xx.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 136
  • z.jpg
    z.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 110
Level 25
You still have a lot of environmental work to do on the mountains and hills. Perhaps download a custom grass model which blends better with your terrain and place them around the terrain. I'm having trouble thinking of ideas to improve this terrain at the moment. :p

~Craka_J

Level 25
The area which the dam is meant to keep filled with water is very small too. Probably would have no need for a dam in the first place actually since the water is probably enough to fill a river or stream. Make the water-pool of the dam a lot larger and then there'll be a purpose for the dam.

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.