• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help with my terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
(Couldnt think of another Title...)
Im makeing my first decent map, called Epic Black Wars, and im getting the hang of it... everything except the terrain... Im not very good at this, so i'd really apretitate if someone could makeit for me... I made one but just so its playable... If someone offers ill give more details.

Attachments

• Epic Black Wars.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
Level 36
First of all there is no one that will do this for you. Second you should post screen shots instead of giving a map.

Your only hope is posting your terrain here by doing that we can help you by telling you what to improve. Do so and you will improve your skills in terrain + the map by your own.

That was quite harsh and hardly necessary. There ARE terrainers that might've done this, I wont say I am one of them however. And yes, you should make your post somewhat more interesting, describe your map, tell whats so great about, post screenshots.. etc..

This will greatly improve your chances.

Level 7
Err... i didnt post any details cause i had no expectations that someone would offer...
If some1 did, i'd post some...
Any way... here i leave some:
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7414/drawing.png
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1521/drawing0.png
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3074/drawing1g.png
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3881/drawing2o.png
As you can see, there isnt much to capture...
The main idea is this:
There are two bases, each one counts with a max of 6 players... each player has to build structures on they'r section of the base, limited by walls and a not finished forest. The centre part of the map is simply plain, just dust, no cliffs, no water, no forests, no doodas, no nothig... and here's where i need halp: the center part... The tavern will (Some day) sell heroes.
If anyone need more details let me know.

Ok. It looks flat. Go to the terrain palette and click on Raise and select your size. Now you can raise the ground, if you want to lower it click on lower and select the size again and you can lower with the same size you raised.
Once you did that you are ready to put doodads. You should not spam or put random doodads. Try making it look good. Put a tree some rocks, shurbs, flowers, etc. Maybe a city of some kind with shops. All this doesn't have to be in the middle. If you want middle to be plain like a desert at least raise and lower the ground making it more interesting and playable.

Good Luck!

Level 10
Craphter, I don't know if these guys just want to waste your time or what, but you should try making a thread like this under Map Development in a subforum called Project Recruitment. It's worth the try, and I think it's 10 times more likely that someone will help you if you do that. I think this is the best advise, if you're too lazy to terrain for yourself. A lot of people are, and some just love terraining. So forget that someone said otherwise. It's NOT unthinkable that someone will make the terrain for you (for credits and rep). Just write a selling description for your project, and explain what kind of terrain you wish. Eventually ask applicants to attach or link to their own work, so you know which one to choose.

Level 10
tho may i susgest you make your plain some what more realistic and add rocks grass and stuff as endless streatches of wc3 grass is a little hard on the eye, plus adding varation in the terrain allows for tactics

and may i also ask what is the game based around . . . what happens in it? becuase straight forward biulding, upgradeing and sending random armies forward has been done many times . . . to not much succses for the most part.

Level 7
I know, its still an early beta... The main idea is gonna be something like DotA + Footmen, but not only with footmen, but with lots and lots of diferent types of units... In each base each player will construct their "city", not too large, and in the plain area inbetween the battles will develop. Also, since there will be heros, i thought of makeing neutral creeps in hiden places so that the heros can lvl up without giving exp & gold to the enemie when dieing...
If you need any more details let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.