• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need Help with my Terrain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Okay,

Finally i will post here some Screenshots of my upcoming map. I know that my terrain isnt the best and i need some suggestions to make it better. i am just a big n00b with terrain so it will be very helpfull for me if you comment them and give some suggestions.

Credits for the Models goes to their respective Owners

Attachments

• Fire Brute.png
    Fire Brute.png
    316.5 KB · Views: 249
  • GodOfWar.png
    GodOfWar.png
    350.1 KB · Views: 163
  • LivingShadow.png
    LivingShadow.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 167
  • NatureSpawn.png
    NatureSpawn.png
    386.5 KB · Views: 142
Level 10
Try using doodads for walls instead of cliffs, it will make things look a loot nicer. There are a bunch of nice wall doodads in the Ultimate Terrain Map that you can export (it's stickied in this forum).

Or he could just use the Raise ground button (look picture). And use Pathing Blockers.

Attachments

• TerrainWindow.jpg
    TerrainWindow.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 90
Level 36
Or he could just use the Raise ground button (look picture). And use Pathing Blockers.

Hmm, but you can't get a 90 degree slope with that, only something like 80 degrees maximum and that's only if you raise the terrain to the maximum.

For a terrain height suitable for a wall, in order to get anything that resembles a wall, rather than a ramp, you would need to use doodads.

Level 14
Hmm, but you can't get a 90 degree slope with that, only something like 80 degrees maximum and that's only if you raise the terrain to the maximum.

For a terrain height suitable for a wall, in order to get anything that resembles a wall, rather than a ramp, you would need to use doodads.

plateu?

Level 8
Okay here is my Update from all 4 Chambers. i could'nt work so much on it because i had much to do with school...

I couldnt find any good Wall Doodadds in UTM that would fit in my map. So i just upload EyeCandy here now. InGame it is without fog because it should be playable :)

PS: How do you like the Music i attached? It is from RA3 and i wanted to use it when the Gods gets released :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.