• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to use diferent terrain tipes in one map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
first hello, this is my first time in this forum, and i started mapping these days...im making a map similar to Azeroth Wars and Dark Ages of Warcraft, and i have a doubt that i think u could help me with...

I needed to use diferent kinds of terrain (like Ashenvale or Draenor floor and trees)
can someone teach me how to do it? if u help ill give u credits in my map when its ready, if one day i have enough xperience to do it...:xxd:

greetings from brazil...:grin:

Level 34
For "floor" which is actually called tile, is under "Advanced - Modify Tileset". Click the box that says "Use custom tileset". Now add what you want. You can only have up to 13 "points" and can't edit the cliff tiles.

For trees, just change your doodad palette to ashenvale or whatever you want.

There is no Draenor.

Hello Brazil - Greetings from Canada!

Level 3
lol, thanks, that is easy...but waht about making diferent cliffs...im using Lordaeron Summer, but i need the Dalaran cliffs (walls) and outlands cliffs (the one made with red rocks)
thanks again

Last edited:
Level 34
Can't really. I haven't used World Editor Unlimited lately, but it used to edit all tiles. If you want you can download it here.

If you do use it, I would back up your map. It has been known to corrupt maps.

Last edited:
Level 34
I never implied that it did a lot. I just stated
It has been known to corrupt maps.
I also said he should back it up. Which actually should be done regardless.

I have always been behind WEU because I have never had it corrupt any of my maps either, but I hardly use it.

yes, but only if you know how, you have to know rawcode of tile, and know where you call it (go for Extenstions > Edit tileset), and then exit map and load it again. You can also modify the tiles easily. You got "AdrtAdrdAgrsArckAgrdAvinAdrgAlvd" you can edit it to "AdrtAdrdAgrsArckAgrdAvinAdrgNice" where "Nice" is northrend ice. After that map saves automatically and you close it and then load again.

Level 34
I still have trouble using NewGen, I mean I can't figure out how to use it to it's full potential. To the tutorials (I hope there is one).

Level 34
I still stand by WEU. Some of it is useless as you can simply get MiscData, but it's still got functions that are useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.