• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Son of Anubis

Egyptian Colossus for the Modelling Contest #15. The rigging doesn't work fully in Magos. I recommend looking at it in-game instead.
Give me credits if you use it, don't redistribute it.

Keywords:
son, of, anubis, egyptian, god, egypt, pharaoh, tomb, pyramid, colossus, matyr, panther, cat, feline
Contents

Son of Anubis (Model)

Reviews
21:28, 4th Jan 2010 DonDustin: you got some sexy abs there :> the whole model was deliberated from its concept till its execution. The mesh looks very nice, the animations are very creative and run smooth and the unwrap of this model is magnificent

M

21:28, 4th Jan 2010
DonDustin: you got some sexy abs there :>

the whole model was deliberated from its concept till its execution.
The mesh looks very nice, the animations are very creative and run smooth and the unwrap of this model is magnificent

Level 12
Looks great indeed. You got your much deserved +rep (even though i dropped it at the scimitar accidentaly lol.)

All i wish is that you'd have chosen a "fatter" egyptian god theme (if any... or maybe not egyptian?..) so that i could use it in my map, but oh well. Epic work anyways.

Level 9
I don't know why, but when I see four arms and a tail I immediately think of World of Warcrafts Rock Flayer. Did you base your model on the Rock Flayer?

Rockflayer.png

Because:

Rock Flayer - Walk Alternate
Son of Anubis - Walk

Rock Flayer - Stand Ready
Son of Anubis - Stand Ready

Those animations look quite similiar.

Also even if this is a great model, I do not think it deserves a DC and think it should stay at Highly Recommended.
Reason being the attack animations and the weird mouth.

EDIT: Agree with chilla killa though, the death animation is pure win.

Last edited:
Level 16
HC, you son of :ugly:

I tried to find something wrong with the model and then tell you to improve it but meh, i can't

Animations are all smooth and stuff, you even used teh emitters at some point. It uses in game textures so it has low filesize. Concept itself is awesome, it's like the first egyptian (unit) model we got here. I'd almost say like the other guys that this deserves DC, but since I know shiz, I wish you luck lmao

I see the face is still a bit "Duuuh!"
nevertheless, a pretty awesome model it is :3

the animations would have been with a bit more fluidity IMHO

and also... nothing bad with the current anims, but wouldn't there be better if he has an animation where he constantly slashes in front of him with those sabers? like some whirly slashes, almost like choreographed "8" swings in front of him and behind? In my opinion, the model is "born for" such swings.

Level 23
VERY nice death! This is a very well done hero. :3 Great job!

I have to say though, the mouth doesn't move at all, which kinda makes the talk anim a bit bland. :/ Perhaps you could justify that with a bit of a spirit essence foaming out just barely, if your not going to have the mouth close or move? :/

VERY nice death! This is a very well done hero. :3 Great job!

I have to say though, the mouth doesn't move at all, which kinda makes the talk anim a bit bland. :/ Perhaps you could justify that with a bit of a spirit essence foaming out just barely, if your not going to have the mouth close or move? :/
Since the beginning of the Modelling Contest I thought about doing a moving statue thingy... its concept got quite away from this, but the idea was that constantly-unshut mouth. :razz:
Talk animation isn't much of a talking thing. It's more like the Son of Anubis launching its cold gaze at whoever dared to give him orders!!! :mwahaha:
I tried to make his mouth move, it even has a bone to do so, but it looked like shit. Mouth moves in spell animation only, what is a shout/breath thing.

Thanks for the feedback guys!