• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WotL - War of the Lords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Okay thx, i'll look for it now.

About the folders, they annoy me.
There was this patch one day (even before 1.24) where blizzard wanted to uhhh... "unallow making copies of other maps" or sthg, and all they managed to do was making 60% of maps not show up at all in the game list.
At that time i figured that custom maps would randomly not show up if they weren't in the "Download" folder, and nowhere else. If you know what i'm talking about and you got clues, please tell.
Well, I used only 1.14, 1.20, 1.23, 1.24, and the weren't such problems=)
Now I have 1.24c and all maps are shown (as I think)=)

Level 12
Well, I used only 1.14, 1.20, 1.23, 1.24, and the weren't such problems=)
Now I have 1.24c and all maps are shown (as I think)=)

Okay i've eventually created a folder and placed it there since it wasnt showing in the downloads folder.
Guess what? The map doesn't show at all for me :( . Did it have another name before and you changed it or something?..

Level 6
Okay i've eventually created a folder and placed it there since it wasnt showing in the downloads folder.
Guess what? The map doesn't show at all for me :( . Did it have another name before and you changed it or something?..
What version of warcraft do you have?
Download official english Warcraft 3 1.24c and everything should work.

Level 12
It has nothing to do with my version, it's the patch and its stupid bug.
I'll just re-download the map, maybe sthg was wrong with dl.. By the way why a million numbers at the start of the filename?

EDIT: well, it just won't show.

Last edited:
Level 12
Lol i didn't notice the description said it was a hero arena.
Well it seems to use some work.
I can't say much more since i'm not too fond of aoses and hero arenas, and this is sorta both lol.
Btw you might wanna fix the recipe tooltip requiring "belt of giant strength", theres no such item in your map. I think it was amulet sthg. Also, that item's stock never refills, only 1 ppl can make it.
EDIT: oh and, shorten file name. That's why it wasn't showing up. Wtf are these senseless numbers for anyways?

Level 6
Lol i didn't notice the description said it was a hero arena.
Well it seems to use some work.
I can't say much more since i'm not too fond of aoses and hero arenas, and this is sorta both lol.
Btw you might wanna fix the recipe tooltip requiring "belt of giant strength", theres no such item in your map. I think it was amulet sthg. Also, that item's stock never refills, only 1 ppl can make it.
EDIT: oh and, shorten file name. That's why it wasn't showing up. Wtf are these senseless numbers for anyways?
Already fixed the tooltip. It needs "gloves of high strength"=)And it doesn't refill because it doesn't fill at all. And it doesn't fill because this item doesn't need a recipe=)
I don't know about the numbers, but when I upload smth. on Hive, these numbers "attach" to the filename:cry:
The map is about 80% finished for official version=) I just need to finish all existing heroes...And that's all=) May be I'll add some items.

Level 6
New hero added (for now without abilities):
Mal'Kara - Master of satyrs
Here is how he looks ( the right one ^_^ )
9335731.jpg

Level 15
Tested out the new map. I dunno if you added more heroes or you removed those heroes that are never in stock, but I find some of the heroes rather interesting.

Take the Hellguard guy (the one with immolation). Get loads of armour for him and he's a walking wall. However, please fix the tooltip for Immolation.
The base mana cost is also rather... weird. The toggle mana is very high.

I noticed that the Elusive Hunter is a somewhat familiar concept, could use some small tweaks, but its ok. It would be nice if you could make the shuriken burn mana based on feedback, but nerf the base damage.

The Troll Shaman was a really enjoyable play. His Ultimate makes him really devasting if he manages to max out Forked Lightning (kill all the ranged creeps and deal loads of damage to heroes). Frost Armour seemed out of place, perhaps you could try another defensive ability, or just rename it.

Will try more and with friends later today. Good map BTW ;)

Looking forward to Satyr :)

Level 6
I dunno if you added more heroes or you removed those heroes that are never in stock
Yes, I removed some of heroes (not only those that were not in stock.)
Get loads of armour for him and he's a walking wall.
Yeah, but not against other heroes (already tried) =)
The toggle mana is very high.
Yes, because his 1+2+4 are really powerful, that's why manacost is so high)
It would be nice if you could make the shuriken burn mana based on feedback, but nerf the base damage.
Hmmm...Good idea=) Then the damage will be decreased a bit but shuriken will burn mana equal to mana burned from attacks..Cool=)
His Ultimate makes him really devasting if he manages to max out Forked Lightning (kill all the ranged creeps and deal loads of damage to heroes).
But when he max out Forked lightning creeps will be already strong enough to stay alive after it=)
Frost Armour seemed out of place
Well it's like basic ability of troll shamans, that's why added it =) Any idea is appreciated=)
Good map BTW ;)
Thx=)
Wanted to say that you'll be added to "Special Thanks" but you are already there))) Just will add "and good ideas" to "-Zack1996 for his really helpful feedback"
Look forward to your feedback in nearest future ;) :D

Level 6
Zack, I've just done the change in spell "Shuriken of revenge"
It now has a bit decreased damage, but burns MP. For units which don't have MP there won't be animation of feedback, also model of shuriken is different when you haven't ability "Mana break" and when you have it =)

EDIT:
Here is another change (well it's more like fix than change, but still...)
Dethecus's shadow blink can blink to allied or enemy base no more=) Instead he will blink to the gates of the base=)

Last edited:
Level 6
Finally map updated!!!

I couldn't write here and update map because am now in Turkmenistan, and there are no normal internet here... (50 Kbps/sec, 1Mb traffic - 0,5$)
But I managed to upload the map=)
Here are the most important changes:
-Removed many heroes and many abilities removed from some heroes which were not removed
-Added some heroes
-Removed many imported files
-Add "Anubis Mode"
-Fixed bug when heroes receive XP when units die (for my map it's a bug)
-Fixed maaaany other bugs
-Items now are more powerful (in tooltips it's not mentioned, still orking for more balance of items)

It's still a beta verstion, so don't get surprised if you pick a hero and it hasn't some or all abilities=)

Waiting for comments/advices/ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.