• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

something about skin import

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys i have one question for you.
So if i take the model for the skin from "war3x" and when myself import the taked model and the skin like this "Textures\theskinforthemodel" will the skin replace the model becasue i don't want destroy the default warcraft 3 skins i want make a diffrent custom unit ,i don't want when i replace the skin that all units with the same model become that skin well people can you help pls?

Level 25
Change the path of the custom model's skin to something else. e.g. it the default path is for example Textures\skin_name, change it to just skin_name (deleting the Textures\ from the path). That way your own model and the original model are going to load skins each from different source and it should work. You can also rename the skin - both the file and in the path.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Sadly WC3 does not really support replaceable textures very well. I think destructibes and doodads do to some extent but that's about it.

As such if you want the same model using a different texture then you need to import a copy of that model with its texture path set to that of the other texture. If that texture is an already existing texture then you need to give it a unique path different from the existing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.