• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Someone should make a better Phoenix Model/Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Am I the only one who thinks the phoenix model looks like blizzard got lazy and slapped some crap together? I think the phoenix could use a much better skin, and maybe a whole new model. If you look at the skin used for the phoenix, it looks like blizzard just mapped the phoenix's skin off some concept art... If anyone want to make this, i would be super happy. I am currently planning out a campaign based on Kael as he trains to become a blood mage and the trials that ensue, and even though i could use blizzards phoenix model, i would much prefer a better one.

Level 2
Though I cannot skin, I would love to make a better Pheonix, just let me know what you had in mind for the new one... Also, would you need a new pheonix egg as well?

Level 9
i was thinking maybe make it more like a bird, then a dragon, cuz the phoenix is really bulky, maybe make it look more agile looking. And having its wings be slightly more intricate, like, instead or normal wings, make it have ribbon like strands that branch out from a segment attached to the body, kinda like tyrael from diablo 2. And maybe make a little less glowy, i still think it needs a fiery like aura around it, but i think blizzard went a little overkill on theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.