• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Some units in Unit Group not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have this trigger

• Taskmaster Smart
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in Boss_group) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set ID = (Custom value of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Minion_group[ID] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Right-Click (Target unit of issued order)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Weapons\SpiritOfVengeanceMissile\SpiritOfVengeanceMissile.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
It's meant to have multiple unit stored in the unit group attack whatever their leader is right-clickcing, but for some reason, only 1 or 2 units respond to that command. I was thinking maybe there were outstanding orders that might be interfering with that, but even when they're idle, they still ignore the order given. The special effects in that trigger are meant to see if the trigger was indeed catching all of em, and it is.

I've encountered something similar before when try to damage units in a unit group (Using Damage Target to damage picked unit). Any idea how I can fix this?

I have full vision across the entire map and I switched Triggering Unit to Ordered Unit, but I'm still getting the same results. I noticed that if I tell the leader to stop and right-click, a second minion will respond. Is as the though it can't give the orders all at once and can only order 1 unit at a time.

I even tested it with any trigger that could be giving orders off and it still didn't respond.

EDIT: I think I know what's wrong

(Target unit of issued order)

Need to test this with a variable instead

EDIT 2: YEP. THAT WAS THE ISSUE.

This fixed it:

• Taskmaster Smart
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • ((Ordered unit) is in Boss_group) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set ID = (Custom value of (Ordered unit))
      • Set TempUnit = (Target unit of issued order)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Minion_group[ID] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Right-Click TempUnit

Status
Not open for further replies.